More fencing

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

siggian

More fencing

Post by siggian »

So I decided I needed more fences for my Eastern front fights. After sifting through a bunch of google images, I found this:

The fence in the background looked interesting, so I set about recreating it in 28mm

siggian

Re: More fencing

Post by siggian »

Since I can't put more than two images or links, here are more pics on my blog including how I created them:
https://littleleadwarriors.blogspot.com ... art-1.html
https://littleleadwarriors.blogspot.com ... art-2.html

siggian

Post by siggian »

In game terms, I think I will treat these like wheat fields in that they provide "cover" to a unit that is neither moving nor firing. Moving and firing units get no cover because I think you can see through the fence if you really look and both of those activities tend to attract the eye.

Levi the Ox

Post by Levi the Ox »

siggian wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:16 pm
In game terms, I think I will treat these like wheat fields in that they provide "cover" to a unit that is neither moving nor firing. Moving and firing units get no cover because I think you can see through the fence if you really look and both of those activities tend to attract the eye.
I like that idea, I was wondering what to do with the open rail fences I made. Enough of a visual disruption to count as concealment if you're just lying there, but not enough to actually hide you.

siggian

Post by siggian »

Plus, in the days before the weed whacker, you'd have an edging of long grass and weeds growing underneath and along side of the fences, which would aid in concealment.

Maybe I can pimp my fences with some tufts and wild flowers at a later date.

Digits

Post by Digits »

Nice idea and execution. Personally you can’t have enough fencing / walls / hedgerows .......they are the real obstacles / cover / concealment on most tables and a good mix looks fantastic.

IanKH

Post by IanKH »

They look fantastic. I think I might have to copy these some time in the future.