WOODLAND INIDANS

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

JOHN BOND 001

WOODLAND INIDANS

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

Finally found some time to photograph my Woodland Indian figures, for the French Indian wars, they are from the Perry miniatures 28mm metal range
follow the link for more information and images:
http://iagsmgm.blogspot.com/2021/01/woo ... dians.html

john de terre neuve

Re: WOODLAND INIDANS

Post by john de terre neuve »

Very nicely done John, for some reason which I have not been able to figure out, I have not be able to post on blogger (macair/safari) because it will not allow me to sign in. I did have a good look this morning. Very nice painting job. I have 24 Indians now, I am not sure I could push it to 36 but I do have a few lying around!

John

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Some very nice warpaint variations there (although you have to wonder if the bloke at the far left had to put up with raccoon noises/jokes when he was out with the lads....).
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

"drilled out the opening of the barrel"...... that's dedication Mr Bond!!
Great paint work, and great tips on your flesh painting techniques, and fabricating your own 28mm muskets!!
Great look. Like your thin bases too. Do you use sheet metal to stop base warping?
Museum standard 3D illustration. (Will you be handling with lint gloves to protect them?!)
Exceptional
CarlL

JOHN BOND 001

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

Thanks John, Baron and CarlL for your comments,
No worries John, ;)
Baron the raccoon warpaint Indian :lol:
CarlL yes they are metal bases, I have been using thin metal from a notice board used for attaching magnets, which is very thin, when I cut the shape of the base with scissors sometimes they warp, if this happens, I turn the metal base over on my work mat and use course sandpaper and rub it a couple of times and then its back to its original shape.
I have found a good thickness which does not warp when cutting but I do not have any Vernia calipers to measure the thickness at the moment.
Once painted I seal the surface with Tamiya clear base X-22 which gives a strong coating on the model and then move to applying 2 coats of Vallejo Polyurethane Matt Varnish and they are good for the harsh treatment on the gaming table. ;)