Terrain for the Woebetide Islands

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Counterpane

Re: Terrain for the Woebetide Islands

Post by Counterpane »

The centre of the main island is a high plateau where dwell the native Woebetideus. It's accessible only via certain hidden paths, one of which can be reached through this cave entrance.

Counterpane

Post by Counterpane »

The Sarissa Precision "Administration Building" - I think they intended it for somewhere like Tobruk - struck me as ideal for the main building of the French factory at Port Charles.

As you can see from the figures (from the Old Glory 'Island Governors' set) it's a fairly chunky piece of architecture.

I usually cover MDF buildings with some kind of texturing material but in this case I didn't want to cover up the engraved detail. I managed to give it the impression of a textured finish by stippling on progressively paler shades of paint.

The young lady is Josephine de Pommefrite, the beautiful and eligible daughter of the French comptoire. She chafes under the restrictions of living in Port Charles. An unusually strong-willed young lady, she has taught herself the local dialect of Arabic and is fascinated by the traditional stories she hears from local traders.

The naval gentleman next to her is Lieutenant de vaisseau Hubert Hollande, an officer from the visiting sloop l'Incontinent.
Counterpane

Post by Counterpane »

I'm going to need several coastal towns and so far I've done this set of dockside buildings.

Counterpane

Post by Counterpane »

I thought some of you might be interested to see the set-up for the Woebetides campaign weekend in September.

I plan three tables each representing one of the islands in the Woebetides group. The main island will be something like 20'x12' with a central void representing the largely impassible central highlands.

This map is one I've done to show the minimum terrain we need for the game and the progress in getting it completed. What's coloured in is done.I'm currently working on one of the "three-quarter hills".
Counterpane

Post by Counterpane »

I'm doing a bit of a photoshoot this morning. Chance to set up the Bornu River in its new entirety.

In the foreground there's a French naval force landing in the coastal trading settlement of Al-Huq. This force (reinforced by another gun and crew) will be commanded by Chris Barnes on the day.