Detail brushes

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Truscott Trotter

Re: Detail brushes

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Looked at the Rosemary Kolinsky sable they are about 20% cheaper than Winsor & Newton no7 series if I buy direct but the postage means on a 3 brush deal AU$15 per brush. Locally they are $15.95 so not as big a difference as W&N where they are twice the price locally.

If they are as good as W&N I might give em a go .
Novista

Post by Novista »

Truscott Trotter wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:39 pm Looked at the Rosemary Kolinsky sable they are about 20% cheaper than Winsor & Newton
I’ve never used W&N, rosemary and co have been my go to for about the last 8yrs, I think I’m on my second/third set, I’ve tried the mix, didn’t get on with them, pure sable for miniature painting, there are two different brush lengths, I prefer the shorter. But I have lots of different brushes for different jobs, drybrushing, blending... got some nice cheap synthetics too.
Truscott Trotter

Yup will order my next set from Rosemary direct.
Atheling

Post by Atheling »

Truscott Trotter wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:45 am Winsor & Newton No7 series.
I used to swear by them but TBH they are not the same quality as they used to be, say 20 odd years ago.

I use Rosemary Series 33, not but I'm not very satisfied with them nowadays as I have received some that refuse to keep their point- which is after all, the point of a good brush :)
Truscott Trotter

Wow at these prices you should expect quality
Dbsubashi

Post by Dbsubashi »

A side note, the Rosemary hogbristle brushes are great dry brushes that take tons of abuse, but clean easily with brush soap. The ones I bought are a bit big for figure work, but next time I buy I will get smaller ones.