EW Germans

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Truscott Trotter

Re: EW Germans

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I have a full section of German M/c troops and use them at every opportunity. They go all right in BK games.

Baldie

Post by Baldie »

Curse you all, clearly more troops on bikes need to be added to the painting list.

That said I tend not to have much luck with mounted troops, I took ages to get round to painting my Bolshi cavalry for my RCW / VBCW forces.

Dint get to use em until we played a big multi player game, which was a raid on a moving train. Think cowboys and injuns in an English village.
We all took cavalry or mounted infantry in all sorts of vehicles.

The GM said as it was my train I got to defend it so all my lads had to get off the horses.

Highlights of the game were two players spending six turns trying to change the points to send me into a dead end siding. They managed it when I was less than half an inch from em so shoved them over only for us all to realise they had been set up by accident the wrong way to start with. Off I went in the right direction. Then the enemy finally managed to get aboard and disengage half the train with the fuel tank prized. Seeing this one of the last of my men took aim with his MMG, needed a six to hit and a six to pen and up went the tank. My Stalinists couldn't be said to win but at least neither did anyone else.
Interests

Getting slaughtered by a surprising amount of opponents.

DougM

Post by DougM »

Sounds like a great game ... and very fitting, since it would seem in the midst of war, nothing ever goes as planned or expected.
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Baldie

Post by Baldie »

By eck the warlord side car combo was a pain to put together.
Many finger tips were ripped off with excess glue.
Interests

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I bought mine from Dougs favourite supplier they were OK to put together.😋

DougM

Post by DougM »

Yep, the BTD ones are nice chunky models that go together well.
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Baldie

Post by Baldie »

Bike, 221, light artillery and enemy agent ready for undercoat.
I have always found Warlord crewed weapons to have smaller scale figures to the standard infantry.
Was surprised to find two of the crew are almost BTD size but the third obviously lied about his age to join up.
Interests

poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

These days particularly I see many "underage" prospective squaddies as way bigger than many of those who would or could be their companions in a team whether it be grunts or Nine Mile Snipers. They could easily lie about their age and only during training would they be found out although usually in a social aspect.
Baldie wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:19 am
Bike, 221, light artillery and enemy agent ready for undercoat.
I have always found Warlord crewed weapons to have smaller scale figures to the standard infantry.
Was surprised to find two of the crew are almost BTD size but the third obviously lied about his age to join up.

Baldie

Post by Baldie »

After becoming obsessed by the Sopranos and watching the lot I have finally started the next set of Germans.

Crew for some vehicles thanks to a donated Warlord Blitzkrieg sprue, a 221, Light Artillery gun and some odds and sods.

Good to get started again.
Interests

Baldie

Post by Baldie »

Hi All

Picked up some 2 p sabot bases to use to mark a wounded leader they have a magnet in them so hold onto the 2 p well but not too tightly

Left is just black and I now realise would serve just as well to identify a wounded leader as having one coloured

One in the middle is supposed to represent some bleeding but I am not convinced

One on the right is just totally red to make it easy to see a wounded guy

Did make the mistake of spraying them all black before trying to paint red and doing it white or grey before red would have been better

What you think, I think I am going with the full red look
Interests