WW2 6mm Hex terrain and Lard games

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Tijnemanske

Re: WW2 6mm Hex terrain and Lard games

Post by Tijnemanske »

gilliessim wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:18 am
Thank you! I will be watching out for it!
Sorry gillies, you are going to have to wait a little bit longer...

But I have an excuse, I really do ;)

I have been playing with my new 3D-printer...

The following two pictures were taken just before we started a game of What a Tanker!, in 15mm this time...

The two painted models (metal and resin, from Battlefront) are from my battlebuddie, the two unpainted models are fresh out of my new 3D-printer...

Smooth, no print lines and very good detail... As you can see, both models are very much alike in terms of scale and detail...

More on my blog...

gilliessim

Post by gilliessim »

Very nice! Really like the paint job on the hetzer. Happy to wait for 6mm buildings, still working on hedges and scatter pieces.

Tijnemanske

Post by Tijnemanske »

gilliessim wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:58 am
Very nice! Really like the paint job on the hetzer. Happy to wait for 6mm buildings, still working on hedges and scatter pieces.
I will pass on the compliment :D

Gunner who?

Post by Gunner who? »

Probably the most beautiful terrain in 6mm ever! Fantastic work and effort! I hope you will continue in this scale, because I was always keen on going the same way for playing "Panzer" in 6mm on hex terrain. Although hexes half the size (50mm) would fit the big maps better. Anyway - I am looking forward to the release of O-Group, for which the hex terrain might be a good choice as well...
Please keep us up dated! Maybe this project could offer some distraction in the difficult times we are presently going through...

All the best to ya all out there!

Cheers Fedja

Tijnemanske

Post by Tijnemanske »

Gunner who? wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:25 am
Probably the most beautiful terrain in 6mm ever! Fantastic work and effort! I hope you will continue in this scale, because I was always keen on going the same way for playing "Panzer" in 6mm on hex terrain. Although hexes half the size (50mm) would fit the big maps better. Anyway - I am looking forward to the release of O-Group, for which the hex terrain might be a good choice as well...
Please keep us up dated! Maybe this project could offer some distraction in the difficult times we are presently going through...

All the best to ya all out there!

Cheers Fedja
Hey Fedja, thank you for your kind words! There will be more updates on the 6mm project. I have several Hexes laying around, just waiting to be finished. The same goes for 6mm vehicles... We are just about ready to up the scale of our games from What a Tanker! skirmishes to company sized battles...

If you want to see a lot more pics and info, you should check out my blog: https://toysoldiersofftowar.blogspot.com/