Best accurate BEF 28mm, suggestions please.

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Truscott Trotter

Re: Best accurate BEF 28mm, suggestions please.

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Novista wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:44 am Here you go https://eoeorbisuk.com/collections/ww2- ... 4539451139
As they said they are available from June 10th, I assumed they were new, however, with hindsight, it could have been they were out of stock…
Apologies for any mistake…
Nothing new about them just part of their continual 'sales' process.
As others have said not suitable for BEF.
Allan JD

Post by Allan JD »

Update to my earlier post regarding 1st Corps BEF.

They have now released their British gun crews and they look rather good.
oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss »

..... or ..... do as I have and just get every 28mm Home Guard ever made, and do a Terrortorial platoon. (Well, they terrify me.)
Truscott Trotter

That's what I ended up with 2 sections of Wargmames Foundry home guard, one section of Warlord BEF and one section of Warlord Naval landing party.
oozeboss

Post by oozeboss »

Nice. After reading that some of the Territorials in France 1940 were still in the 1937 uniform, I included a section of the lovely Empress minis.

The Navel Landing Party is a nice touch (it's a Senior Service tradition that needs no explaining. ;-) )
BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

OK, having reviewed the 1st Corps BEF range (it's awesome!!!), I now need to find out :-

(1) if 1st Corps BEF figures (a) mix with the Pulp Fiction WW2 Highlanders, and (b) work with the Perry Tam O'Shanter heads; and

(2) how "out of place" - if at all - 1st Corps 1/48 vehicles look beside everyone else's 1/56 vehicles (because they do stuff nobody else makes).....

Anyone know how common cloth helmet covers were among the BEF in 1940 (thinking of Regulars, rather than late call-ups/Territorials)?
No plan survives first contact with the dice.
Truscott Trotter

Not sure on the mixing but suspect they would be OK. Perry are smaller than 1/56 so would prob not match heads wise.
You could try some of the fantasy resin heads IIRC there maybe one with tams or warlord head's?

1/48 vehicles are noticeably bigger than 1/56th 😒
Truscott Trotter

oozeboss wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:57 am Nice. After reading that some of the Territorials in France 1940 were still in the 1937 uniform, I included a section of the lovely Empress minis.

The Navel Landing Party is a nice touch (it's a Senior Service tradition that needs no explaining. ;-) )

Nice, Empress look gorgeous.. What are you using for heavy weapons and support?
oozeboss

Post by oozeboss »

Truscott Trotter wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:05 pm
oozeboss wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:57 am Nice. After reading that some of the Territorials in France 1940 were still in the 1937 uniform, I included a section of the lovely Empress minis.

Nice, Empress look gorgeous.. What are you using for heavy weapons and support?
I have more supports than I'll ever need, but I get very tempted so very easily. :twisted:

My options currently include: 2 extra Boys ATRs; a second 2" mortar; 2 "snipers"; 2 teams of Sappers; a spare Leader with an smg (can't see myself using him); a Medic (Private Godfrey, so he'll almost certainly get a guernsey in far more games than any medic in any other platoon that I've played); an FO; 1 x Cruiser A10; a troop of A9s (who will be run as CS more often than not, but will not fire HE for historical reasons); a Mathilda II (which will never get used, but I do have it); a troop of Morris CS9 armoured cars; a troop of Mk VIb light tanks; and another troop of Mk VIc's. I also have a section of armed London bobbies, a Lanchester A/C (there were 9 in Kent in 1940); a bloke with a BAR; another with a Lewis lmg to sub in for one of the Brens; and a team each of ATS with rifles & Land Army women with shotguns, all for that inevitable time when my BEF shall devolve back into Home Guard in order to repel any German incursion into England's "green and pleasant land". You know me, TT - nothing exceeds like excess, right?

I very much mix & match my figures from as many ranges as possible, so they all look just like blokes of different heights and girths when seen collectively, and the platoon has very cohesive aesthetics.
Novista

Post by Novista »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:05 pm (2) how "out of place" - if at all - 1st Corps 1/48 vehicles look beside everyone else's 1/56 vehicles (because they do stuff nobody else makes).....
I think 1/48 looks way to big, look at the size of their 2lber, the barrel is huge. Tabletop cp quite often use 1/48 vehicles, but be worth checking out some of their vids on you tube.