panzerjager I

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Truscott Trotter

Re: panzerjager I

Post by Truscott Trotter » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:20 pm

You know thats not how it works Pete.......
You now have to build a complete army at the scale of your misprinted AFV 🤣😉

poiter50

Post by poiter50 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:52 am

I shall treat you with the contempt you deserve. :D :D
Truscott Trotter wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:20 pm
You know thats not how it works Pete.......
You now have to build a complete army at the scale of your misprinted AFV 🤣😉

hendrik

Post by hendrik » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 am

Joe Neg wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 pm
poiter50 - Thanks for the tip on OTP - looks like they sell printed models using the same files that Hendrik likes so well...and saves me the expense of a 3D printer (not that I could have figured out how to use it if I had one LOL).
They are indeed a licensed printer of tigerace his wonderfull models.
However, please note those prints are FDM printed in PLA while the ones i posted here are SLA printed resin models.

Now obviously i don't know how well they have dialed in their machines, but in general SLA offers a far superior finish to FDM as in it will have less print lines.

You could try to find a local makerspace or library that has a 3D printer just like poiter said.
3D printing in general isn't that expensive anymore, and for 150-200€♥ you could easily get into it for FDM printing (usable for scenery and less detailed models).
I myself have shelled out for an anycubic photon (SLA) and an FDM printer so i'd have the best of both worlds.
That being said, i love my photon the most. it's also very dangerous since now i'm looking at other rulesets and periods too since i can easily print out an entire highly detailed force (i'm looking at you Kiss me hardy).
It's currently also still on sale for about 250€

Joe Neg

Post by Joe Neg » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Thanks, Hendrik!

Saw your Bison on the FB page and it is clearly a better quality print than the ones currently available. Will look into options to have someone print it. Have spent far more than the cost of the printers buying resin models - but am a little leery of the learning curve to buy the printer and start doing it myself - I am a world class dinosaur and technophobe. How easy is it to learn to print to the standard your photos show and maintain the equipment?

hendrik

Post by hendrik » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:52 pm

it's really plug and play as far as i'm concerned. the main thing is getting the right settings, and correctly leveling your build plate.
I find it a LOT easier than FDM printing. sure, i still get fails from time to time, but there's a great facebook community and any issues are usually related to the user either not leveling correctly (easy to redo)or wrong exposure settings (even easier to change)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIMwjmVl3Ho
This is a pretty interesting unboxing video that shows you how easy it is to get into.

Joe Neg

Post by Joe Neg » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks, Hendrik. You have been most helpful!

hendrik

Post by hendrik » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:40 pm

I'd say welcome to the hobby called 3D printing! ;)