Dux Arda: Lard of the Rings

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

GunnarL

Dux Arda: Lard of the Rings

Post by GunnarL » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Here is the first mini for my Dux Arda/Lard of the Rings project. This one will likely be a bit of a slow burn, but I should have a few guys done relatively soon. The benefit of this project is that it should allow me to use my extra Dark Age guys that I have no need for in my Dux Brit games. I envision a Byzantine/Late Roman feel to Gondor and Arnor respectively and I feel that Footsore's ranges will best serve as a base for my ambitions in Middle Earth, especially once Bill Thornhill finishes the Huns, who will serve double duty as Huns and Easterlings. Right now, the plan is Late Romans/Byzantines for the twin kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor, Early Saxons and Goths for Rohan, Oathmark Goblins and some GW stuff for orcs, Vikings and the Gripping Beast Rus for men of Dorwinian, Conqueror Dwarves, and Footsore and Gripping Beast Arabs and Sassanids for Harad.

Ari Marsson

Re: Dux Arda: Lard of the Rings

Post by Ari Marsson » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:27 pm

Love the shield paintwork!

GunnarL

Post by GunnarL » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:41 pm

The shield is a transfer actually. I tried free hand and I just wasn't pleased with the results.

GunnarL

Post by GunnarL » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:38 pm

New blog post up regarding my forthcoming Dux Arda: Lard of the Rings expansion for Dux Brit. This one has some pictures of some of my Men of Gondor and the Force info for Gondor. https://wartoendallblogs.blogspot.com/2 ... or_65.html

Let me know what you guys think. Again if anyone is interested in the supplement to either playtest or offer suggestions, send me a PM with your email and I'll send it your way. Right now I have Mordor, Misty Mountain Orcs, Remnants of Angmar, Mirkwood, Gondor, and Harad done and I'm working on Eriador now.