HELP! KS 1824 and CPG's Waterloo Scenario

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

chipset35

HELP! KS 1824 and CPG's Waterloo Scenario

Post by chipset35 »

Hi everyone,
I am having a tough time trying to figure out how the 1824 KS rules track casualties, it says something about pins?
Am I supposed to use pins?
Also, I just purchased Command Post Games Waterloo KS scenario to use with the KS 24 rules, and that is what I am using.
Problem is, they include an OB with boxes next to each regiment that I assume is for tracking casualties, but 3 boxes per regiment does not match well with 460-900 points per regiment in the same OB and KS 1824 rules.
Hopefully, I did not confuse you with my confusion!
In a nutshell, any experience and insights with CPG's KS Scenario Waterloo and KS 1824 would be helpful.
Quackstheking

Re: HELP! KS 1824 and CPG's Waterloo Scenario

Post by Quackstheking »

I think you've may have asked this qin the wrong Forum. This forum is for Too Fat Lardies rules and games.

Don
chipset35

Post by chipset35 »

I purchased the 1824 KS rules from 2 Fat Lardie's, and am trying to find out how casualties are tracked.
As far as Command Post Games, its just a KS Waterloo Scenario they created for use with KS 1824 rules from 2 Fat Lardie's.
Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

I've never played it, but my reading of the TFL 1824 Kriegspiel rules suggests in the original version there would have been tables that allowed players to use pins to track losses and then translate these to remove or exchange blocks on the map. These tables have not been recreated in the TFL version of the rules (from what I can tell) and so I assume most people simply maintain written tallies of losses (in points/men). Can't really help you with the Command Post Games' scenario - though I'd suggest the 3 boxes per regiment could represent 3 battalions per regiment (see p. 53)? Hopefully you'll find someone who has actually used the rules to give you a better response! :-)
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny