Aden and Radfan 1960s

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

alanl

Aden and Radfan 1960s

Post by alanl »

I am thinking of gaming the Aden Emergency.

These are two differing theatres: patrolling the town of Aden/retaking of The Crater with Mad Mitch and his Argylls; the operations in the mountainous Radfan trying to control rebellious tribes.

For Aden, I am looking at 28mm figures from Eureka who do a nice set of figures specifically for Aden and for the Radfan 10mm from Pendraken using their Vietnam Australians with slrs for the British.

Anyone tried this theatre?
djbamforduk

Re: Aden and Radfan 1960s

Post by djbamforduk »

Sounds great...!
Which TFL rules are you going to use...?
Maybe Chain of Command for the 28mm Aden urban stuff (or perhaps the yet-to-be-published modern urban shoot-out variant of What a Cowboy?) but perhaps Charlie Don't Surf would suit both Aden and Radfan better...?
Yes, I know there isn't much tropical jungle in Aden (!), but it's still Cold War-era counter-insurgency.
alanl

Post by alanl »

Hi, thanks for your interest.

For the Radfan, I might try Charlie. Not so sure about Aden as I will really be doing patrols of around 6 figures through the back alleys of Crater so I might have ro go outside the TFL stable. I wasn’t aware of the new modern rules and was thinking of using a set of solo modern rules in which the opposition are card generated if the player’s character fails a test.
Len Tracey

Post by Len Tracey »

Skirmish Sangin are a decent set of rules for small modern skirmishes. You'd have to do your own force lists, but the rules should port across OK. Just a thought.
alanl

Post by alanl »

Now that’s a good thought: thanks.