Seven spears Samurai

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

dirk bracke

Seven spears Samurai

Post by dirk bracke »

Hi all,
Has anyone played these rules?
Where can you obtain them? They do not seem to be in the shop. Any scenario's available for them?
cheers
Dirk

JimLeCat

Re: Seven spears Samurai

Post by JimLeCat »

Hi Dirk,

Seven Spears is a Dux Brit mod included in the Summer 2014 lard special.

There are some resources for them in the groups.io files, the cards are all there and are also available through artscow.

The only scenario, or most of one, I am aware of online is the detailed write up of the game at OML6. Just search for seven spears dux brit and it'll pop up.

Cheers,
Jim

dirk bracke

Post by dirk bracke »

Hi Jim,
I bought the lard special.
I didn't get it was a skirmish level game (I'm presently preparing Killer Katana scenario's in 10mm). But as I'm not happy with the Ronin rules I'll give them a try (and here I'll use my 25mm figures).
cheers
Dirk

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Dirk,
If it’s a Samurai Skirmish game you are looking for then I think “Daisho” from the Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare is much better than Ronin in handling larger groups than single combats.
You can handle groups of 10-15 figures with them fairly easily.

For larger battles than the Seven Spears variant of Dux B, I would recommend “Battles in the Age of Warfare” by Martin Goddard as sold by Peter Pig.

John

dirk bracke

Post by dirk bracke »

Hi John,
The Peter Pig rules are good but not always good at replaying historical scenario's. I've spent many hours with Bloody Barons but use Flower of Chivalry for the historical ones.

Killer Katana's have an enormous amount of scenario's (with incredible detail) and historical information. Although I don't know yet if they are balanced I always try rules who have a good number of historical scenario's. I most certainly don't believe in rules where both parties choose from a list (the classical 6.000 Tiger III's vs 12.000 T-10's or did somebody mention Maus :-)).

And I followed your suggestion and just bought the Daisho rules.

cheers

Dirk

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Dirk,
One of the things I like about Daisho is that you can decide whether to play a scenario historically or add an element of movie antics with your heroes having special skills or go all out fantasy in a Japanese setting. All seamlessly integrated. I generally go the middle route.

John