Infamy with WRG/DBA style bases

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

mellis1644

Infamy with WRG/DBA style bases

Post by mellis1644 »

I'm hoping to play Infamy with my 15mm (large) DBx style army bases - with 1 multi-fig base for 1 figure. I have a load of general/other bases on round or square 40mm items which will work for commanders, villages, special characters etc.

The only issue with this will be the basing will not be square/round. So units will likely be wider than they are deep. So a standard roman unit of 8 bases could - so 120mm x 45mm and a typical Gaul/German being 120 x 80mm. Anyone have any thoughts if this will cause an issue in the game or not?

I gather from the videos etc this should be workable but thought I would see what others though.

Note, eventually I likely want to double up the bases (making them nearly square), but I'm still working on that painting wise. :)
Check out my painting/activity blog: https://mellis1644.wordpress.com
Nick B

Re: Infamy with WRG/DBA style bases

Post by Nick B »

I don't see it having any issues at all as long as both sides use the same basing. There are no formal basing requirements AFAIK. Just need to use a micro dice or similar to track caualties if using bases as representing multiple figures.

Should work fine :D
mellis1644

Post by mellis1644 »

As I thought. Thanks.

Should look good on the table and be a true large skirmish look to the game. :)
Check out my painting/activity blog: https://mellis1644.wordpress.com
SteveBurt

Post by SteveBurt »

I'll be using my existing ancients collection which is based for mass battle rules with 2,3 or 4 figures to a 60mm wide base. I don't anticipate any problems; I have plenty of single based commander types.
Contrarius

Post by Contrarius »

I’ve been using WRG basing for Sharp Practice (which is closely related to Infamy) without major trauma. Just need enough singleton figures to remove as casualties between removing bases of four. The only problem are skirmishers, which really benefit from being individually based, possibly using the penny-sabot system.