Post by TimR »

Hi
I’ve got PDF Pro 3 on my pad and store pdfs in there seems to work ok
Regards
Tim

Derek H

Re: Apple just deleted all my Lardy pdfs from the Books app

Post by Derek H »

There's on simple rule when dealing with digital assets. If you don't want to lose them you have to back them up.

But if you lose a Lardy pdf Richard will send on another copy if you ask him and he has a record of you purchasing the thing.
All the Lard News in one place - Lard Central http://www.netvibes.com/lardcentral
Pimping my blog - Dereks Wee Toys http://dereksweetoys.com/

Contrarius

Post by Contrarius »

As a rule I don’t keep important stuff on the iPad, as it’s the wife’s spare and is logged to her iCloud account, which I keep switched off. I pull off most photos and screen saves to my main comp fairly regularly. Beside the deleted Lardy rules I had a few random pdf’s downloaded from the web which I’d not got round to backing up — can’t even recall what they were. Nothing terribly important.

The Lardy stuff I just replaced from copies on my main computer, though I believe you can download them again from TFL simply by logging in to your account.

Contrarius

Post by Contrarius »

Piece of sh1te software just deleted all my PDFs again!
(Luckily had them all backed up in the Files app.)

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Chaps, please don't suffer in silence if this happens. Tell me; I will help.

Just to let you know, there are two ways to purchase from the web store. Firstly, as a 'Guest' which allows you to buy, download and then go away. Secondly, and I think preferably, is to create an account. Yes, it does take two minutes the first time you do it, but after that it is just as quick to purchase as a Guest and, most importantly, the system allows you to log back in and redownload your files if they go missing.

Please note, this is not something we guarantee for all time. If and when we update the web site to another sales system, as we did in 2016, then we can potentially lose the data relating to previous sales. However, while we are on the current system, as we have no plans to change, it's a pretty good back-stop for your files.

Rich

Novista

Post by Novista »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:44 am
Can you not just keep copies of the pdf in a normal file folder ie not in applebooks?
Yes, as contrarious says, I use files, I’ve only recently installed Apple books as I got a voucher for my b’day, although being the frugal chap that I am, kindle books is generally cheaper.

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

I use amazon for reading pdfs and a second copy in the cloud and that’s backed up on a 64 gig usb stick.