Re: Battalion level WW2 Now called "O" Group or the story of "Oooooh"

Post by CarlL »

Thanks Peter for the notice.
Pre-Ordered my copy.
CarlL
siggian

Post by siggian »

FWIW, I would loved to have added a second token set to my order.

(Just a thought Rich, if you are reading this)
Nick B

Post by Nick B »

@Siggian - yes, I thought that too. Definitely an option to add to the shop.
Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I always buy two sets of tokens. I am sure they will be available later as a separate item. Handy for those in UK not so much here in Oz.😊
siggian

Post by siggian »

Not so handy for Canada as well. I don't really want to make a second order with the attendant extra postage. Tacking on a second set will up the postage a bit but not as much as the tokens alone.
Snowcat

Post by Snowcat »

I haven't found the answer to this question here or elsewhere (yet) so here goes...

What would be the recommended MINIMUM size table to play O Group if using 12mm figures and buildings etc?

For instance, having recently downsized to smaller tables for smaller games, I could do 3ft x 4.5ft. Is that too small for O Group in 12mm?

And any plans for army lists and scenarios for Barbarossa 1941-?

Cheers
"When one goes, one must go with style."
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Snowcat wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:40 am I haven't found the answer to this question here or elsewhere (yet) so here goes...

What would be the recommended MINIMUM size table to play O Group if using 12mm figures and buildings etc?

For instance, having recently downsized to smaller tables for smaller games, I could do 3ft x 4.5ft. Is that too small for O Group in 12mm?

Cheers
I would expect it’s designed for a 6’x4’ table but if you were to switch to 2cm=1” for your measurements as if by magic your existing table would increase to almost the equivalent of a 4’x6’.

John
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

siggian wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:42 pm Not so handy for Canada as well. I don't really want to make a second order with the attendant extra postage. Tacking on a second set will up the postage a bit but not as much as the tokens alone.
Rich answered this on the FaceBook page. Since there is a limited supply of tokens initially he wants to ensure that everyone who pre-orders the Bundle can get a set. You only need 1 set to play. He will not be putting the tokens onto the website separately until all the pre-orders are fulfilled.

John
Snowcat

Post by Snowcat »

Archdukek wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:44 pm
Snowcat wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:40 am I haven't found the answer to this question here or elsewhere (yet) so here goes...

Cheers
I would expect it’s designed for a 6’x4’ table but if you were to switch to 2cm=1” for your measurements as if by magic your existing table would increase to almost the equivalent of a 4’x6’.

John
That's clever thinking.

I just found where Dave explains that for 6-10mm 'O Group' uses the standard Lardy 1" = 1cm rule.

For 12mm figures, your idea of treating 1" as 2cm (80%) is perfectly in line with 12mm being 80% of 15mm.

And it looks like I can now get up to a 5'x3.5' table, which using the above formula is greater than 6'x4' using 15mm figures. Ideal result. :)
"When one goes, one must go with style."