Has anyone used Vassal?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Danni1

Has anyone used Vassal?

Post by Danni1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:16 pm

I was just diffidently wondering if anyone else has used the free VASSAL app found online for wargaming? There are a plethora of VASSAL VMODS on the VASSAL site that can be easily adapted for all your Lardie titles. (Well, most of them anyways), and these programs can be edited and tailored as easy as Bob's yer uncle. For instance, I downloaded two miniature vassal games for the Civil War and Napoleonic, and after some judicial editing back and forth, I now have one monster program crammed with boards, terrain, and various nappy/CW unites. I'm not suggesting that this should replace actual miniature wargaming, but for those of us on a tight budget and residing in even tighter living quarters, its the Queens knees! Or some such inappropriate simile...

sackatatties

Re: Has anyone used Vassal?

Post by sackatatties » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 pm

I have but quite a while ago. I used it for A Call To Arms 2 (Babylon 5 starship combat). It's good but your opponent is safe from snotty hanky attacks......

naash

Re: Has anyone used Vassal?

Post by naash » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Hello
It might be useful to test table layouts, to practice patrol phase or just to practice CoC.
Moreover, it could be useful to illustrate AAR.

Do you know if there’s a specific module ?