Chain of Command Warhammer 40k

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Neal Smith

Re: Chain of Command Warhammer 40k

Post by Neal Smith » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Just wanted to chime in with my support of the work you are doing in this area and that I'm following it with interest.

unhingedtangent

Post by unhingedtangent » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:49 am

Hi Neal,

Thanks, support is most welcome!
I should have another playtest report posted in a day or two.

We also have another game scheduled in a couple of days where we'll be testing out the flyer rules and putting the Deep Strike deployment through it's paces. Should be interesting.

Always happy for any questions, feedback or comments if you have any.

Thanks,
Matt

siggian

Post by siggian » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:13 am

Very interesting experiment and I enjoyed your report.

I'm thinking, though, that you might want to treat the Rhino more like a transport in CoC. That is, use the same rules as for an M3 or German halftrack where you can activate the driver or gunner on a 1 or, if the squad is on board, using its JL to use a CI to activate the driver or gunner. You would not be able to use a 2 to activate the Rhino because it isn't a squad.

unhingedtangent

Post by unhingedtangent » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:53 am

Hi Siggian,

Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed the overview.

Your thoughts are pretty well exactly how a Rhino is supposed to be played, especially as it is an APC (and in 40k terms it is a dedicated transport)! The activation on a 2 was completely my bad, I made a mistake of thinking that there was a squad in there so the entire unit and transport can activate on a 2. :oops:

Your explanation is correct and that is also my understanding of it, and thanks for bringing it to my attention, it is appreciated. When I can, I'll go back and add a note.

Thanks,
Matt

stevothedivo

Post by stevothedivo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:08 am

Greetings. I've considered this as well but came to the conclusion the quintessential Space Marines are simply unusable in the CoC system. Written to reflect WWII platoon combat so well, the technological disparity in place between the forces brings the IP's weakness more strongly into focus than I can stomach.

I have redirected and building 15mm forces for Imperial Guard VS 'Nids and Orcs - with the Space Marines not making an appearance as they wouldn't on the billions of worlds that comprise the Imperium.
I enjoy both 40k and CoC too much to pass up the opportunity to marry them up - but unable to make the Marines work in the game's framework.
My two cents.
Regards
Steven

Hack`n`Slasher

Post by Hack`n`Slasher » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:15 am

Hi Everyone,

Just stumbled upon this discussion and have some questions. I apologize if it is too off topic (🙂) and please correct me if I`m posting the wrong place.

I`m a wh40k player from the (very) old days and really enjoy skirmish games. I have recently learned about CoC. I thought I had an original idea to convert the game to use my 30k marines from the burning of prospero box set. And then I found this!

And now for the question:
I want to make two fairly identical forces, like a patrolling marine/legion force with a dread vs. a traitor legion og maybe an ork horde.
I`m thinking of just `translating` the forces like rifleman=marine w. bolter, LMG=marine w. heavy bolter etc. would this be too crude? What about the multiple crew part, am I missing out by not factoring that in?
Essentially I guess I just want to play CoC with Wh40k miniatures, making a better skirmish game than what I have seen previously for Wh40k.

Would it work?

Would be happy to hear your thoughts.

Kind regards

Tobias

Danni1

Post by Danni1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:40 pm

I'd be interested in looking at these rules, once you post a link to a page that actually has them.