Which actions are movement for the 3 movement dice limit

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Nellkyn, Laffe

dirk bracke

Which actions are movement for the 3 movement dice limit

Post by dirk bracke »

Hi,

What is considered movement in the actons. We have a serious discussion that only the move 1D6 move is movement?

chee'rs

Dirk
talagarz

Re: Which actions are movement for the 3 movement dice limit

Post by talagarz »

Hi,
I'm the other side on the argument.... I get what Dirk means, but according to me. you get x actions. with these X actions you can do 3 times the movement action. or you can combine them, 3 movement actions and a enter buidling action and jumping over a small obstacle (if you have enough actions to do that of course).
If entering, jumping etc... are counted in the max 3 movement actions, what about a suppressed, not yet activated units, can it hunker down (which I think would be reasonable if you see your mates falling around you...) or do they like animals do when a light approaches and just stand watching their doom?

with regards,

Jan
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Hi guys,
You get 3 actions period. You can use them to move 1D6 per action or undertake any of the actions listed on page 16 at a cost of 1 action. So you could use 2 actions to move a total of 2D6 then use the third action to enter a building or hunker down.

Unless you take precautions to take cover, you can get caught in the headlights until you next activate, but I would always treat a Suppressed squad as “hunkered down” after that initial burst of enemy fire since that’s what they are doing making themselves as small a target as possible instead of moving or firing.

John
talagarz

Post by talagarz »

Hi

We used to play it like you said but yesterday it seemed a bit illogical if a suppressed squad can get into a hunker down position if it cannot move....while I guess it is about the first thing you do when you see your friends falling around you. We'll play it again like we used to Btw a us squad starts with 4 actions....

with regards

Jan
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Jan,
Indeed I know that a full strength US squad has 4 actions but that won’t last long if the VC get their act together. :)

John