does hunker down count as 1 of your movement dice?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Nellkyn, Laffe

talagarz

Re: does hunker down count as 1 of your movement dice?

Post by talagarz »

Hi John

that is correct a unit with 3 actions die cannot roll 3d6 and enter, a unit with 4 action die can...
dirk bracke

Post by dirk bracke »

Sorry Jan, I still think that all squads (not blinds) are limited to 3 action dice regarding movement. To be clear, this is about entering a building not to hunker down.
Dirk
Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

dirk bracke wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:30 am Sorry Jan, I still think that all squads (not blinds) are limited to 3 action dice regarding movement. To be clear, this is about entering a building not to hunker down.
Dirk
Hi Dirk,
For what it’s worth I agree with Jan. While the squad is limited by section 5.2 to spending 3 Action Dice on physically moving, it can use a 4th Action Dice if it has one to enter a building as part of that movement.
So for example a squad with 4 Actions can roll 3D6 and get 10” of movement. If that 10” is sufficient to take it into a building it can enter by spending the last action dice. A squad with 3 Actions rolling the same 3D6 would have to stop outside the building.

John
dirk bracke

Post by dirk bracke »

Hi John,
I accept the ruling :-). I was looking at it in a very simplistic way. For me everything that has to do with movement comes out of the 3 movement action dice. At present hunkering down and entering a building no longer come out of those action dice.
cheers
Dirk