Ebor Lard “Bread and Circuses” 23rd October 2021

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

John_savage_uk

Ebor Lard “Bread and Circuses” 23rd October 2021

Post by John_savage_uk »

Well, planning for Ebor Lard “Bread & Circuses” is moving ahead at pace. Taking place between Harrogate & York on the 23rd Oct. we have 7 great Lardy games from Ancient Rome to the battlefields of the far future.

There are still a few places left so DM me if you’d like attend.

Here’s a preview of all 7 games to tempt you:

Game One - Infamy 2.
Will Hanabarbera descend into Italy with his elephants, or will Centurion Campus Crismus take on his nemesis Fartacus the Gladiator?  I’ve no idea!  What I do know is that you’ll be treated to a fantastic game & a preview of the most exciting release of 2022.

Game 2 - Infamy, Infamy
Yes it’s a double bill of Infamy! In a classic encounter it’s just another day for Centurion Crismus Bonus on the frontier of Britannia. It’s raining, cold and the damn mist means you can’t see your hand in front of your face. To make matters worse that damned Druid Valueaddedtax is stirring up trouble with the local tribes.  What could possibly go wrong?

Game 3  - Kiss Me Hardy
It’s Napoleonic naval action with Kiss Me Hardy as the French and British square off in the Mediterranean. So host the main sail, splice the mizzen and cry “ships, I see no ships”. A wonderful opportunity to try one of the Lardies hidden jems!

Game 4 - Sharp Practice
Well it wouldn’t be a proper Lardy Day without at least one Sharp Practice game and here it is. We are delighted to present “Te Riri Pakeha”. An incident during the ‘Flagstaff War’ in New Zealand 1845, being a final play test of rule adaptions for the Maori Wars of 1843-1872

Game 5 - Shattered Shields
A potential new addition to the Lard stable, Shattered Shields combines the tactical grit of Chain of Command with a whole load of fantasy nonsense (& great fun it is too)! In a classic encounter, the dwarves of Karaklard encounter the Beastmen of Gorthag Thighbiter in the infamous Drakwald Forest.

Game 6 - Seven Spears
Back on firmer historical ground we present a game of Seven Spears, the Samurai variant of the excellent Dux Britanniarum. There’s trouble amongst the cherry blossoms as rival warlords plot, scheme & raid their neighbours in Sengoku Period Japan. Ei! Ei! Oh!

Game 7 - what a Fine Mecha!
Giant war machines stride across the battlefields of the future like towering mechanical gladiators, raining down death & destruction. Strap yourself into your cockpit, fire up the nuclear reactors and prepare for battle as you pilot your mech across a blasted cityscape.

So that’s it! 7 fantastic games highlighting the wonderful World of Lard and all topped off with a fabulous curry and a few pints in the Bay Horse. Frankly, what’s not to like!

If you’ve not got your name down, don’t miss out and either DM your details or send an email to jp.savage@btinternet.com to secure a place

£10 for the day which includes lunch, tea and coffee and a contribution to Combat Stress.

Only a few places left but I’d love to be fully sold out!

Any questions just give me a shout

Cheers

John
John_savage_uk

Re: Ebor Lard “Bread and Circuses” 23rd October 2021

Post by John_savage_uk »

Just bumping this back up.

Still 3 or 4 places available so if you’d like to come along don’t delay

Drop me an email at jp.savage@btinternet.com

Cheers

John
John_savage_uk

Re: Ebor Lard “Bread and Circuses” 23rd October 2021

Post by John_savage_uk »

Just 3 weeks to go until Ebor Lard on Saturday 23rd October between Harrogate and York

Appropriately I’ve 3 places left if anyone fancies coming along

So far we’ve an eclectic range of games with Mr Clarke rolling out an early preview of Infamy 2 with a Punic Wars battle. Alongside that we’ve a classic Infamy clash between Early Imperial Romans and Ancient Britons in Northern Britain, colonial Sharp Practice in the Maori Wars, Samurai Dux, KMH, an early preview of Shattered Shields (a Lardy inspired fantasy game) and a What a Tanker game with sci-fi mechs!

Something I think for everyone!

All for a very reasonable £10 which includes lunch!

All wrapped up with a beer and curry at the excellent Bay Horse in the evening.

What’s not to like!

Drop me an email at jp.savage@btinternet.com if you’d like to come along!

Cheers

John