Gert Lush Lard, Bristol, 30th October

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Captain Reid

Gert Lush Lard, Bristol, 30th October

Post by Captain Reid »

A Lardy Day at Bristol Independent Gaming in Bristol (at their new premises in Carter Road, BS13 7TW).

The traditional two game format, one in the morning, one in the afternoon, followed by optional beers and curries.

You can book your place by sending £10 via PayPal to jimsbigevents@gmail.com. Please put in the 'note' box that it is payment for Gert Lush Lard and put your real name in the box too please (not just an email address or social media pseudonym as that can cause confusion). If you want to pay for more than one person, simply add all their names in the box.

If that's difficult for you for any reason, please send me a Private Message and we can sort something out.

At the moment we've got about two dozen places still available for players, but that will rise if more people can put games on. So far we've got 3 different games of Infamy, 3 Sharp Practice, 4 Chain of Command, and one each of IABSM, What a Cowboy, Packing Heat (Ioan's Lardy-based C20 skirmish rules), Kiss Me Hardy and Bag the Hun.

If you'd like to run a game, please let me know by posting a reply on this thread, or by PMing me.
Last edited by Captain Reid on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.
Captain Reid

Re: Gert Lush Lard, Bristol, 30th October

Post by Captain Reid »

Updated the original post.

Tickets will go on sale tomorrow around 5pm. Links for payment will be on Twitter, Facebook and here.

About 40 spaces available for players with 15 different games covering the Lardy rules of the moment and some older classics.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid »

You can book your place by sending £10 via PayPal to jimsbigevents@gmail.com. Please put in the 'note' box that it is payment for Gert Lush Lard and put your real name in the box too please (not just an email address or social media pseudonym as that can cause confusion). If you want to pay for more than one person, simply add all their names in the box.

If you'd like to run a game, please let me know by posting a reply on this thread, or by PMing me.

djbamforduk

Re: Gert Lush Lard, Bristol, 30th October - Persia 1918 game

Post by djbamforduk »

I'm interested to see that there was a game set in Persia in 1918 with Bolsheviks versus British Indian troops!
Are any more details available, please...?
Which TFL rules were being used....?
Any chance of this game going on tour or getting written up as an article for Lard Magazine...?
https://twitter.com/TooFatLardies/statu ... 60/photo/1
AndyC

Re: Gert Lush Lard, Bristol, 30th October - Persia 1918 game

Post by AndyC »

djbamforduk wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:13 pm I'm interested to see that there was a game set in Persia in 1918 with Bolsheviks versus British Indian troops!
Are any more details available, please...?
Which TFL rules were being used....?
Any chance of this game going on tour or getting written up as an article for Lard Magazine...?
With apologies for the delayed response... This game was run by Brian Shipp using Chain of Command, or more precisely, CoCing up the Mud and the Blood. One of the players has written more about the game here: https://bleaseworld.blogspot.com/2021/1 ... -game.html
YorkshireDragoon

Post by YorkshireDragoon »

Hi there...
Can anyone tell me if there will be a Lardy Day in Bristol this year, 2022?
Having attended Clotted Lard I'm eager for more lol....

Cheers
Tim Bickerdike.
Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid »

Gert Lush was a temporary covid replacement for Winter Wonder Lard, which is the usual Bristol-based Lardy Day, the next of which will be in the second half of Feb or first week of March 2023. Dates hopefully finalised in the coming fortnight.

YorkshireDragoon

Post by YorkshireDragoon »

Thank you ..that's great, I'll look out for announcements

Tim B
Captain Reid

Winter Wonder Lard III: 18th Feb 2023

Post by Captain Reid »

Winter Wonder Lard III will take place on Sat Feb 18th at the usual venue, Bristol Independent Gaming in Bristol.

Tickets will go on sale around the second weekend of October.

Mainly this is organised on Facebook with information also on Twitter. However, I'll also update here as time allows.