BIG Winter Wonder Lard - 29th Feb 2019 Bristol UK

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

AndyC

BIG Winter Wonder Lard - 29th Feb 2019 Bristol UK

Post by AndyC »

The newest Lardy day has landed at Bristol's premiere gaming venue - Bristol Independent Gaming. The usual smorgasbord of Lard on offer with Rich kindly running one of the games.

All games are presented 'ready to play' with a gamesmaster/umpire, all figures and terrain provided. All you need to do is turn up and play - no experience of TooFatLardies games required. In fact no experience of any wargaming required. This is an ideal opportunity to try new systems or investigate new periods.

16 places initially available. This will increase as the number of games on offer rises. Cost is £10 for the day. If you run a game, you'll get a £5 discount in the BIG shop. This is payable in advance to Bristol Independent Gaming and your place is not guaranteed until you have paid. Payment via Paypal to jimsbigevents@hotmail.com. Please state the name(s) of the people you are paying for in the comments section on Paypal. Or by card over the phone 0117 3293663. Or pop into the venue and chat to Ellen or Jim!

If you'd like to help by running a game, please get in touch with David Hunter by Facebook PM. The more the merrier and there is plenty of room! We'll try to keep this up to date, but information and updates will be posted to the Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/502560273645828/

Please note, Bristol Independent Gaming is a warehouse and, on occasion, in the winter months can feel a little chilly. Wrap warm and remember there's plenty of hot drinks available on site!

Morning Games
1. Counterattack at Arras: 15mm I Ain't Been Shot Mum, France 1940 by Jenny and Phil
2. Krupki Station: 28mm What a Tanker, Russia 1944 by Dee
3. TBA: Bag the Hun by Andy Crow
4. Bash on Recce!: 28mm Chain of Command, Market Garden 1944 by Nick Skinner
5. TBA: 28mm Sharp Practice, American Civil War by Joe McGinn
6. Orcs in the Hills: 28mm Sharp Practice, 'Orcs and Muskets' by Mike Hobbs (2 players)
7. Blow the Bridge: 15mm Big Chain of Command by Carole Flint
8. TBA: 28mm Sharp Practice, French Indian War by Rob Fielding
9. TBA: 28mm Chain of Command, Spanish Civil War by Phil Hawkins (2 players)
10. Turkish Despair: 28mm Chain of Command, Gallipoli 1915 by David Hunter
11. TBA: 28mm Chain of Command, Crete 1941 by James Morris
12. TBA: by Rich Clarke
13. TBA: 28mm squad level 'small CoC' by Ioan Davies-John

Afternoon games:
1. Break Out from Arras: 15mm I Ain't Been Shot Mum, France 1940 by Jenny and Phil
2. Krupki Station: 28mm What a Tanker Russia, 1944 by Dee
3. TBA: Bag the Hun by Andy Crow
4. Bash on Recce!: 28mm Chain of Command, Market Garden 1944 by Nick Skinner
5. TBA: 28mm Sharp Practice, American Civil War by Leigh Jackson
6. Orcs in the Hills: 28mm Sharp Practice, 'Orcs and Muskets' by Mike Hobbs (2 players)
7. TBA: 15mm Chain of Command, WWII by Brian Shipp
8. Big African CoC: 28mm Chain of Command, Africa WWI by Bob Connor
9. TBA: 28mm Chain of Command, Malaya WWII by Richard Durnford
10. Regarde Toutes les Jolie Fleurs: 28mm Sharp Practice, French Revolutionary War by David Hunter (figures and terrain by Matthew Fletcher)
11. TBA: 28mm Chain of Command, Crete 1941 by Sam Lancashire
12. TBA 28mm Peninsular War Sharp Practice by Mike Wilkins
Last edited by AndyC on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MikeH

Re: BIG Winter Wonder Lard - 29th Feb 2019 Bristol UK

Post by MikeH »

count me in Andy, I might even run a couple of games (will let you know in a few days)

payment heading it's way in a few mins
catch me on twitter HobbsTheGamer
Or hear my whittering on about stuff on the Meeples and Miniatures podcast and on my Blog http://mikehobbs.co.uk
Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid »

Good to have you coming along, Mike.

We're up to seven games in each session now, so up to room for around 30 players.

There's bags of space at BIG so anyone wanting to run a game (either once or twice in the day) is very welcome to.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

I've updated the original post to reflect the latest games on offer!
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

The games roster has been updated to reflect the fact that we will be joined by not one, but TWO (or should that be "too"?) Fat Lardies themselves! Come and join us as we all watch on in admiration at their unparralelled ability to completely forget the rules! ;)
Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid »

Just three places left.

19 different games on offer.

Bag the Hun; What a Tanker; Chain of Command WWI Africa and Gallipoli, Spanish Civil War, WWII Crete 1941, Normandy and Market Garden 1944, plus other WWII settings to be confirmed; I Ain't Be Shot Mum Arras 1940; Sharp Practice FIW, French Revolution, Peninsular War, American Civil War and fantasy; prototype squad level Chain of Command
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.