29 Let's Go campaign and prep work

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Gun-Pit Paul

Re: 29 Let's Go campaign and prep work

Post by Gun-Pit Paul » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:42 am

Only some trees I bought from a show. The flock started to fall off, so sprayed them with hairspray, seems to be working so far.

Paul

gilliessim

Post by gilliessim » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:35 am

I think Capt Fortier (thank you for the kind comments!) has it. I've been reading/watching up on it a bit and seems like sawdust flock just doesn't like holding in place. I'll probably try use clump foliage, or foam flock in future.
Although I may still give them a good shellacking with hairspray for good measure! surely can't hurt.....

gilliessim

Post by gilliessim » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am

Making some more hedges, cause you can never have enough it seems! Also the 29 Let's Go maps all seem to have a good quantity of hedging!

Maybe next time it'll mean I actually remember to take them to the game.

https://nottherivercottage.blogspot.com ... glory.html

It would be interesting to see what other folk use for making their hedging.

Thank you,

Gillies

hendrik

Post by hendrik » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:54 am

good progress on those hedges! have you considered pulling the coconut fibre apart a bit as Mel the terrain tutor has suggested?
It's only a little bit of extra work and it really hepls with creating some more density and you'll manage to make more hedges our of the same amoutn of material!
(unless you want to have well maintained hedges obviously :) )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQxHnoLpPUc

gilliessim

Post by gilliessim » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:00 am

Ooh I either haven't watched that video or watched it so long ago I've forgotten it! That is rather interesting, on some previous hedges I pulled the strips apart slightly but the fibre I was using was thicker, this time it has been pretty thin. I think I'll try and test out that technique though, see what kind of result I can get. Thank you for flagging that up! Still got loads of fibre left so would like to use it. It looks like it could be adapted to make tree foliage by pulling it apart like that.