Spanish Civil war Irregular rules

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Simon

Spanish Civil war Irregular rules

Post by Simon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:20 pm

I quite like the idea of these but am not certain on a couple of points.

Firstly, am I right in thinking that the motivation level applies to the whole force - ie all units on the table?

Secondly, the wording says that "Motivation increases or decreases if enemy force morale suffers a loss from one of the above situations. Some specific scenario events or objectives may also be causes of changing motivation. " I assume that this means that if the irregulars suffer one of the named situations then morale goes down one level and if the enemy suffers it goes up one level?

Thanks

Simon

Arlequín

Re: Spanish Civil war Irregular rules

Post by Arlequín » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:38 am

Yes, it stands in place of the normal force morale system and is based on how the militia as a whole perceive things are going, by what they see happening, rather than what might actually be happening. The morale 'state' of the irregular force does factor into its shooting and close combat however.

It's pretty much a rollercoaster of emotions in play and the collapse of morale can happen quite suddenly if events conspire against them. It can take some getting used to in comparison to the usually slow grinding down of force morale.

Simon

Post by Simon » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:51 am

Thanks for that - I hadn't cottoned on to the fact that it was used instaed of the Force Moral table, Does this mean that Irregulars can't lose command dice? Also I understand that it is shock/kills applied in the current phase that impact on the Irregulars Fire and Effect table but do I understand it right that shock accumulates from plase to phase as usual?

Thanks

Simon

Arlequín

Post by Arlequín » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:47 pm

They don't get many dice to begin with and are short on leaders, we're not sadists you know! :D

Shock doesn't accumulate, its effects, as well as any kills, are dealt with there and then. As a result individual unit status can rise and fall quite dramatically, but other than their final morale state, nothing is carried over to the next phase.

Think of a football crowd, they can go from euphoric a few minutes before time and one-nil up, tense when the other side scores, to absolute dejection when the other side gets a penalty and back to euphoria when it's missed, all in the space of a few minutes.

Simon

Post by Simon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:16 am

Thanks - all makes good sense to me and I look forward to trying it out.

Simon