Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 8:13 pm
Hey all, I was wondering about his oddity-there's a movement rule in COC that states that cautions movement is done at 1d6 inches, but broken terrain can cause a DM modifier of -1 to -2. SO what is the procedure when I roll a one or a two and subtract the modifier so I'm now at a negative movement number? Just move the unit one inch? Or leave it in place until the next turn and thus the next die roll?
- Posts: 655
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:49 pm
We treat all zero or negative results of modified movement rolls as "no movement."
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:49 pm
- Location: Linlithgow, West Lothian, UK
I agree with Munin, it's no movement. It those circumstances you often have to risk using normal movement and roll 2D6 to get anywhere.
- Posts: 464
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:57 am
- Location: Sydney, Australia
I treat it exactly the same as with shock, if shock is high enough to negate the movement roll or become negative then the unit doesn’t move.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1536
- Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:50 am
Agreed. A negative result is no movement.
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 am
- Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Some would disagree...