Lard Locator board please!

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

hendrik

Re: Lard Locator board please!

Post by hendrik » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:44 am

Glad you managed to work out the issues. I got some remarks yet for alternative systems but i feel like google maps is easy enough to access and well known.
And there's already a lot of folks on there!
Somehow someone did put all the earliest locations into a sub called the kent-essex gaming-society...
Unfortunately there's no way to mod this without restricting peoples access rights =s

As for events,a seperate layer could be made,but that would mean making it more complex. The easiest would be to add a location of the event with the dates in the tag and afterwards remove it

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:49 am

hendrik wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:44 am
As for events,a seperate layer could be made,but that would mean making it more complex. The easiest would be to add a location of the event with the dates in the tag and afterwards remove it
Ah yes, I hadn't factored in that the date would change from year to year. :oops:

sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:20 am

I think events are already covered by the ‘Ambassador’ boards provided we all use it! Or amend the new ‘Lard America Events’ board to make it international?

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 pm

wow I was away for a few days and it is starting to fill up. Well done.

I added a second location for myself in Montreal (a desert as far as I can see for any historical wargaming). I spend a lot of time and have an apartment, in the hope that I can flush out some possible Lardies.

John

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:02 pm

If it helps, the French word for "lard" is saindoux and "lard locator" translates as localisateur de saindoux. But then you probably already knew that.... :D

Isle de Saindoux actually sounds quite exotic, doesn't it?

gilliessim

Post by gilliessim » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:25 am

Gillies Sim (newbie) - Airdrie, Scotland.

BLabrum^

Post by BLabrum^ » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:36 am

Trumpeter Tabletop Games Society in Burnaby B.C. Canada added to the map: http://www.trumpetersociety.com
There are several CoC and WaT players there and some interested in Sharp Practice & AIBSM.

sackatatties

Post by sackatatties » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Stephen Philp, Dunfermline, Scotland. I'm a long time member of Dunfermline Wargames Club. A small but vibrant club just north of the Forth. We play SP2 and (big) CoC mainly with some IABSM! and other TFL stuff thrown in now and then. You can get me here or via the club website: http://www.dunfermlinewargamesclub.org.uk