Post by rim66 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Darkest Africa!

Kind regards,

Richard aka Monty Lardo

Chaingun

Re: What new products are coming up?

Post by Chaingun » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am

Any idea on a release date for the Africa supplement? Also,

Can you give a little more information at this stage as to what sort of things we could expect?

Cheers
Lee
https://battlebunkerblog.com Wargaming for fun :D

Chaingun

Post by Chaingun » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am

Any idea on a release date for the Africa supplement? Also,

Can you give a little more information at this stage as to what sort of things we could expect?

Cheers
Lee

rim66

Post by rim66 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:26 am

Hi Lee,

Thank you the interest!

In terms of release date - sorry, but I have no idea right now. It's hard to predict until the game is pretty much sorted - if I hit an issue, I simply cannot guess how long it will take to resolve. I'm hoping to be able to dedicate some time to this over the next couple of months and that should get the rules close to completion. After that, it is the hard slog of putting it into the right words, proof reading, formatting etc and that does normally take a couple of months, but that all depends on when Rich can turn his attention to it, and that's the other unknown.

As for what to expect, that is easier! The core will be an explorer column, but that could be all sorts - a private venture of one or more wealthy individuals, a military expedition (British, French, Belgian etc) or a mix. Forces will be small - 30 fighting figures would be quite large and then there is the baggage, but that could be done with only a couple of figures or many more if so desired. Fighters will include military types but also locally raised troops of varying quality. The opposition will be a mix of native types with different fighting styles. There will also be animals - upset a hippo at your peril! All this is gameable solo. And then there will be a campaign to try and find the source of the Nile, the Lost City of X or whatever.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Richard aka Monty Lardo

Chaingun

Post by Chaingun » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Brilliant thanks for the update Richard it’s very much appreciated. At least now I know I have a bit of time to put together an explorer column. I look forward to hearing more on this in the future.

rim66

Post by rim66 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:22 pm

No problem at all and do shout if you need any more info.

Kind regards,

Richard aka Monty Lardo