Hell & Heorism 2013 Christmas Special

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Tom Ballou

Hell & Heorism 2013 Christmas Special

Post by Tom Ballou » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:31 am

Has anyone played this?

I’m not sure of the first scenario’s map orientation.

French start in the east, with how many patrol markers?

Also since the first scenario is all motorized for the French the ACs start on table, and the reinforcements must enter by road to the North, so no JoPs for the French?

Also if the French start in the East, the Germans start in the West?

I’m guessing the intent is for the French patrol markers freeze the German’s and generate their JoPs.

I’m just not getting the set up.

Looks interest though...
--Tom

Never drive a car when you're dead
--Tom Waits "Telephone Call From Istanbul"

Tom Ballou

Re: Hell & Heorism 2013 Christmas Special

Post by Tom Ballou » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:10 pm

On CoC Facebook page where I saw this scenario Dave Stiedl was playing (scenario 2) I asked if he had played scenario 1 (they had not) but he left me with these comments:
However have just had a look and I see the problem. To match the narrative (and History) I think the French should enter from the west and the Germans from the east. I also agree that the patrol phase must just be to fix the German jump off points in the east end of the map. Putting French jump offs would not only be redundant but distort the game if the French had to defend them.
So with that, guess North is up on the page, and the best patrol setup is use Scenario 5 (Delaying Action) with the modification that the French get 4 free moves (representing that they control the table at the start (well the broken Belgian troops do, but the Germans don't know that). Once the patrol markers are locked, then the Germans, deploy their JoPs and the one French AC is placed, the second can enter from the West.

I think the French must deploy a single JoP as an objective, in the set up zone. This means the French can just keep driving away from the Germans as they will lose the points for the JoP if its captured before they get off the table.

How to treat the ACs? Are they squads or teams?

Victory conditions are a bit odd. The French are to avoid casualties and withdraw after the reinforcements have rejoined (reporting on the status of the bridge). The Germans are to destroy the French (I'm going to go with drive force morale to zero).
--Tom

Never drive a car when you're dead
--Tom Waits "Telephone Call From Istanbul"