Videos, perhaps

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

vlad48

Videos, perhaps

Post by vlad48 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi all,
Writing to ask if Mr Brown might consider doing a promo/demo video sometime soon - perhaps with Richard's assistance - as the Lard episodes on Beasts of War are helpful and inspiring. The first videos were very useful but we have not seen anything new in a while.
I would also ask that any demo game feature skirmisher lines. Both from our own game experience and a number of threads, the presence and proper use of skirmishers can be challenging to play - especially if attacking a defender with skirms of his own.
Perhaps such a video could also promote the forthcoming 100 Days scenarios, which sounds like a great project.
- Walt

Trailape

Re: Videos, perhaps

Post by Trailape » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:23 am

I concur
I AM MY BROTHER'S KEEPER

Contrarius

Post by Contrarius » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:50 pm

As do I. Would be very useful indeed. The Sharp Practice vids on their own convinced me to go back to Napoleonics, a period I'd more or less abandoned a long time ago.

vlad48

Post by vlad48 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:59 pm

As the busy convention season continues than the promotion of What a Tanker seems a logical focus for the Lard crew, as everyone has a few WWII tanks lying around but fewer have large-scale Nappy collections. Still, hope to see more video support for GdA at some point.

DCRBrown

Post by DCRBrown » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 pm

Might well be able to manage that.

Apart from skimishers any other aspects you'd like covered?

DB

Trailape

Post by Trailape » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:37 pm

DCRBrown wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 pm
Might well be able to manage that.

Apart from skimishers any other aspects you'd like covered?

DB
I’d suggest the Charge Phase as that seems to generate the most confusion in my experience
I AM MY BROTHER'S KEEPER

Markconz

Post by Markconz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:47 pm

Agreed definitely the charge phase would be helpful.

vlad48

Post by vlad48 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi David,
Thanks for considering this request. Aside from skirmishers and the Charge phase (as suggested by Trailape) I'd say it would be instructive to see a side "bring home an attack" using the Infantry Assault orders along with Artillery Assault or other game mechanics.
Harking to my "Big Question" on Oddcast 9 about balance in asymmetrical games, it is generally easier to be the defender in games than to be the player marshaling resources and game mechanics to attack successfully.
So building on your very useful how-to-play videos, the next step would be to see you putting together all the pieces to attempt to defeat a defending side. And again, you may wish to use a smaller/quicker scenario from your forthcoming scenario supplement.
Thanks to you and the entire Lard team for your excellent game support.
- Walter/North Shore Gamers