GdA at BADGACON

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Trailape

GdA at BADGACON

Post by Trailape » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 am

BADGACON has come and gone for another year.
It’s the premier event on the Bendigo And District Gamers Association’s (BADGA) calendar 📆.
Organised by BADGA but in reality it’s a ‘one man effort’ by Gus Zepnick of ‘Zepnix Wargames’ it’s an event that sees primarily fantasy and SciFi games being played in a tournament environment.
The only historical games played were Bolt Action and Team Yankee!
So I’m an effort to make an Historical mark I host a couple of participation / Demonstration Games of a purely ‘historical’ nature.
Last year it was a large SHARP PRACTICE game based on La Haye Saint.
This year I was assisted by my hard rockin’ amigo Rowan and hosted a CHAIN OF COMMAND game on Day 1 and on the last two days we played a massive GENERAL’d ARMEE game.
The CoC game was ‘Scenario 7’ (COUNTER ATTACK) seeing 1941 Soviets and Germans having a brawl.
Rowan’s Russkies were victorious in a highly entertaining game seeing a Commissar dispatching a badly wounded (read “badly burnt”) Russian Sergeant for ‘backsliding.
Apparently being ambushed by a flamethrower team is no excuse to not advance in Stalin’s Great Soviet Union.
The GdA game was the highlight however and saw a fair bit of interest from most people who attended and we’ve recruited at least one fine chap (Hi Michael!!!!) to the cause!
We played ‘D’Erlon’s Assault’ from the General D’Brigade Scenario Book but on steroids!
D’Erlon’s ENTIRE Corps (Battalion for Battalion) was deployed including the 1st Division Cavalry and Marbot’s 7th Hussars and a Brigade of Cuirassiers.
The Allies deployed the following Brigades (with a couple of Battalions omitted):
Ompteda’s
Kempt’s
Pack’s
Biljant’s
Best’s (with a Brunswick Battalion standing in for two Hanoverian Battalions)
Sax Wienmar’s
The Union and Household Brigades (with the Household Brigade missing the 2nd Life Guards)
And finally;
A single Light Dragoon Regiment from Vandaleur’s Brigade.

After about 10 turns of the game (5 each day) played at an extremely leisurely pace the Allies managed to hold on.
The Allies lost a small Cavalry brigade consisting of one Regiment and Best’s Hanoverian Brigade (consisting of 2 Landwher and one Brunswicker Battalion).
By contrast the French Lost 1 Infantry Brigade from the 3rd Division and the Cuirassier Brigade.
They also had THREE Cavalry Brigade Commanders ‘Meet unsightly demise’
The game was a lot of fun and we even learnt a few things that we were unaware of in the rules.
It was an enjoyable weekend and Wargaming was the big winner.
I hope we’ve gained a few extra devotees to Historical Wargames in the process.
Table size: 10 x 6 (feet)
Covered with ‘Cigar Box’ terrain matts and 4Ground and Empire Buildings and scratch built terrain.
Miniatures: 28mm (almost exclusively Perry Miniatures)
Rules: General D’Armee

https://www.facebook.com/14959832737547 ... 738105686/
I AM MY BROTHER'S KEEPER

DCRBrown

Re: GdA at BADGACON

Post by DCRBrown » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 am

Good looking game!

DB

Trailape

Re: GdA at BADGACON

Post by Trailape » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:01 pm

DCRBrown wrote: