Chain of Command - Attack & Defend skirmish

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Closecraig

Chain of Command - Attack & Defend skirmish

Post by Closecraig » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:31 am

Unfortunately, as my dad and I started setting up for our regular campaign game - We realised we'd left most of the terrain at my house! Oops!

We decided to instead play a little skirmish. A lot of lessons were learnt for sure!

https://fatherandsongaming.wordpress.co ... e-of-town/

Munin

Re: Chain of Command - Attack & Defend skirmish

Post by Munin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Ooof. This is a perfect example of why deploying in the open is a terrible idea. You'd have been far better off leaving that 3rd squad off the table rather than reinforcing a bad position. If nothing lese, leaving your right flank open would perhaps have tempted the Germans to come to you, meaning they'd have been the ones advancing into the open. I suspect they'd have declined to do so, giving you time to move your JOP somewhere more safe/tactically useful.

One of the things I think is fantastic about CoC is how sometimes the forces off the board are more important than the ones on the board, because they can appear from anywhere and your opponent doesn't want to commit and then get caught with an off-balance deployment.

Closecraig

Re: Chain of Command - Attack & Defend skirmish

Post by Closecraig » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:51 am

Munin wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:26 pm
Ooof. This is a perfect example of why deploying in the open is a terrible idea. You'd have been far better off leaving that 3rd squad off the table rather than reinforcing a bad position. If nothing lese, leaving your right flank open would perhaps have tempted the Germans to come to you, meaning they'd have been the ones advancing into the open. I suspect they'd have declined to do so, giving you time to move your JOP somewhere more safe/tactically useful.

One of the things I think is fantastic about CoC is how sometimes the forces off the board are more important than the ones on the board, because they can appear from anywhere and your opponent doesn't want to commit and then get caught with an off-balance deployment.
Yeah, as soon as I put them down I realised my mistake. This Wednesday we're replaying the campaign turn so fingers crossed I can return to form!