I expect to play mostly with the same three or four players. And we have a limited set of tanks available, at least yet. Therefore I think it's important that I ensure that we play with campaign rules that are flexible, as well as adding as much flavour as possible.
First I plan to create Crew Sheets. To log the crew with name, fraction, player, level, tank and battle statistics. For each tank this will be the model, start year, Kill Rings, Ace Status and total number of kills, destructions, disablings and rammings. On the backside I will make room for the Battle Log. For each battle this will be the year, theatre and the result. All participating tanks and crews, and their destiny. And of course, room for comments. All this to keep track of the different crews over time.
Furthermore I've thought about a couple of clarifications, additions and adjustments to the Career Progression rules.
- After a battle when a crew has reached five or more Kill Rings, they automatically exchange five for Ace status for that tank, and a level-up.
- At the start of a game, the crew may select any tank limited by their level, and the year.
- Kill Rings and Ace Status are per tank model, as recorded on the Crew Sheet.
- When a crew dies, the player gets a new crew at the same level, but without any Kill Rings or Ace Statuses.
- No crew can participate in an earlier (year) battle than the last in their battle log.
- Survival Bonus: Crew in the same actual tank as the last battle, that is no bail outs; escapes; upgrades or replacements, get a bonus card.