I have written a QRS for Sharp Practice 2

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

john de terre neuve

Re: I have written a QRS for Sharp Practice 2

Post by john de terre neuve » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:37 pm

In getting ready for our first game, I have been going through the rulebook and your QRS.

The QRS is excellent, and has clarified many things that I was not sure about from the rulebook. Sometimes less words are better.

One question re the use of Leader's CIs. In respect to "Direct the Fire" you interpret this as this CI can be used to select a target that is not the closest.

But the rulebook seems to suggest that any target can be selected. page 40:
Targeting Units
Individual Groups and Skirmish Troops can fire at any target of their choice in their forward 180 degree arc of fire.
Does not the Direct the Fire just refer to the addition of his status points to the # of d6, being used. page 22.
Unit Activations
.........Direct the fire of a Formation or Group he is attached to, adding 1D6 of fire for each level of his Status
Not meant as a criticism, as the QRS is excellent.

Thanks John
Last edited by john de terre neuve on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:53 pm

John,
The paragraph on page 40 which you quote confirms that individual Groups and skirmishers have more flexibility in their choice of target. However, I believe Andy's QRS is referring to the rule at the foot of page 46 which allows a Leader to direct the fire of a Formation on a specific target within the Formation's arc of fire rather than having to spread its hits across all groups in the fire zone. This concentration of fire costs an additional CI. This is different and additional to adding dice equal to the Leader's status level.

John

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Thanks John, I corrected the page number, it is tricky that the pdf and book have different page numbers.

Thanks for the reference on page 46, I missed that. I was looking for target allocation at the beginning of the chapter and missed the section all together.

Again an excellent QRS, thanks Andy.

John

redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Gents,
Must be missing something here...as I cannot download the QRS...any help would be great!
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

bandrsntch

Post by bandrsntch » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Try this link. I'm not sure it's the latest one, but its the last one Iwas able to download.
http://docdro.id/aNxzW7k

redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 am

Awesome! The link worked...is this what everyone is using?
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

keith.stratton

Post by keith.stratton » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:53 pm

I cribbed heavily from Cptkremmen3's original sheet, and reformatted the file as an Excel document. It should fit neatly on six sheets, if formatted in landscape. Should allow folks to customize the layout a little more easily if they lack software that can edit .pub files.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =806607728

Travh20

Post by Travh20 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:48 pm

I cant seem to open this link. I have the one Richard posted but heard this one was a little more in depth. Or is it exactly the same as Richards?
Chain of Command/Sharp Practice video battle reports and more at https://www.youtube.com/user/travh20

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:36 pm

The link opens to an excel spreadsheet, which as Keith says is largely the same as the one Richard posted. It does have some additional info re: effect of shock; skirmisher attributes; rolls to control looting; exceptions for Indians.
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:00 am

Travis,
I ended up doing one myself. The for-mention one was okay, I like to re-invent the wheel and put stuff in easier terms to remember. If interested, send me a PM.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA