Support rolls in charges

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica, DCRBrown

Michaelt

Support rolls in charges

Post by Michaelt »

I am confused I think. If a unit is being charged with one or two supports it has to use those supports the rules are saying. Does that mean you have to use the rerolls that those units bring to tge fight? So if your lead unit had a good score could it be devalued by another dice throw because you have to use your supports and their die rolls? I think I may have this all wrong. Help!

DCRBrown

Re: Support rolls in charges

Post by DCRBrown »

M,

Support rerolls are always voluntary.

The player only rerolls a D6 score if he wishes to and he thinks it will improve the overall score. Obviously some scores such as 1 are a much easier choice than scores such as 3 or 4....that come with more of a risk! ;)

DB

Michaelt

Post by Michaelt »

DB

Thank you that's helps. Maybe it's the idea that supports have to be used by the defender referred to in the rules whereas the attacker can choose. How woukd this work in practice? Can you give me an example? Thank you.

M

DCRBrown

Post by DCRBrown »

M,

As the attacker you have the "Charge Initiative" and decide where to charge and with what units.

So, as the attacker you can choose with which units to charge and/or support.

The defender, however is forced to react this charge, he doesn't have the luxury of being able to decide which units will be involved. Therefore when defending all supports must be included to represent the fact your regiments are simply reacting rather than taking offensive action.

DB