Pickett's Charge Franco Prussian war adaptations.

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Hannover

Re: Pickett's Charge Franco Prussian war adaptations.

Post by Hannover »

Dave.
Ah the things we get up to during lockdown! I've just finished an armoured train that I have had for more years than I care to remember!
Was very interested in you using PC for FPW. You mentioned a difference in ground scale, PC is 3" to 50 yards whereas GdA is 1" to 40 yards (in 25mm) so I presume you used the GdA scale and converted the ranges accordingly. Am play testing a similar conversion myself that would be for all European Wars from 1848 to 1870 so I look forward to reading subsequent blogs on how you get on.

Hannover

Post by Hannover »

Sorry Dave, Just read back my post back to realise it was rubbish! The shock of that armoured train obviously got to me. What I meant to write was that GdA and PC have the same ground scale 3" to 50 yards (in 25mm) and you mentioned reducing this. What ground scale did you eventually trial, was it as low as 1" to 40 yards or similar to get the artillery on table and did you therefore change the PC ranges accordingly.

Hannover

Post by Hannover »

Proposed Additional ADC for FPW
'Fold in the Ground' may be given to any cavalry unit with a cost of 1 ADC. Cavalry are able to ride along a fold in the ground and are therefore more difficult to hit, - 2 to hit dice modifier. May only be used once per game.
This gives cavalry a slightly better chance of charging home so you can recreate von Bredow's charge at Mars La Tour.

Sheepman

Post by Sheepman »

Now there's an idea mate, I'll give it some thought. Thanks for the input. I'm painting up loads of FPW limbers which is doing my head in but will look good in the end so haven't touched the rules for a while.
Dave.
"I raised myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty"