Wildcard Deck Suggestions

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Closecraig

Wildcard Deck Suggestions

Post by Closecraig »

I'm currently in the process of creating a separate German & British wildcard deck for general play and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? These are to be used during the Invasion Of Normandy and the British troops are from the XXX corps whilst the Germans are from the Panzer Lehr.

Brownie points if you can be thematic to the forces!

Levi the Ox

Re: Wildcard Deck Suggestions

Post by Levi the Ox »

Don't know much about the specific units, but a game-relevant effect would be local civilians pointing out German positions in the area, forcing a unit to deploy early as per the random event. Perhaps require it be a support unit, if any are present.

Closecraig

Post by Closecraig »

Levi the Ox wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:05 pm
Don't know much about the specific units, but a game-relevant effect would be local civilians pointing out German positions in the area, forcing a unit to deploy early as per the random event. Perhaps require it be a support unit, if any are present.
That's a great idea!

7dot62mm

Post by 7dot62mm »

I included several dozen Campaign Cards in my Winter War campaign. THey're in the Finnish and Soviet Players' Information files. http://www.saunalahti.fi/~ejuhola/7.62/ ... index.html Some of them might be suitable or convertable to Normandy games.

Levi the Ox

Post by Levi the Ox »

Ooh, for the Germans, "Tiger Terror"! When selecting any turreted AFV support option, they can deploy a Tiger model and treat it as such until it is successfully hit by an AT round, at which point it is properly identified and reverts to its original type. (The increased AP and HE values of its attacks until then reflecting the impact on the morale of the target.)

Closecraig

Post by Closecraig »

7dot62mm wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:57 am
I included several dozen Campaign Cards in my Winter War campaign. THey're in the Finnish and Soviet Players' Information files. http://www.saunalahti.fi/~ejuhola/7.62/ ... index.html Some of them might be suitable or convertable to Normandy games.
This is great! Thank you very much!
Levi the Ox wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:21 am
Ooh, for the Germans, "Tiger Terror"! When selecting any turreted AFV support option, they can deploy a Tiger model and treat it as such until it is successfully hit by an AT round, at which point it is properly identified and reverts to its original type. (The increased AP and HE values of its attacks until then reflecting the impact on the morale of the target.)
Oooh, I like that idea. Will have to play around with this one.

7dot62mm

Post by 7dot62mm »

Levi the Ox wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:21 am
Ooh, for the Germans, "Tiger Terror"!
Also "It's an 88!" ... any German gun, howitzer or mortar no matter how small is identified as an 88 and causes double shock to American troops.

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

"Hey, Schultz - do you still haf zat startink pistol from zer Chistmaz crackerz? Give it a bang and zee what happenz......"
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

gilliessim

Post by gilliessim »

"No Fuel" sort of like shabby nazi trick - but for a German vehicle, can't deploy that TURN unless owner rolls a six, going down to 5 or 6 for next turn etc. Wouldn't need to affect all vehicles, could be a single one if you want to be less brutal.

TURN rather than PHASE to make it more variable and difficult to plan around

DougM

Post by DougM »

'Sabotage'! German shell has been nobbled by Todt Organisation workers... AFV or Artillery firing counts as a dud. No effect.
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------