Franco-Prussian War

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Bert

Franco-Prussian War

Post by Bert » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:04 am

Hi
I'm interesting in the Franco Prussian war (1870) and I was wondering if there were any lists for this period ?

Thks

Bertrand

Peter

Re: Franco-Prussian War

Post by Peter » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 pm

I don't recall any lists. With all those breach loaders it's going to be very shooty. Some interest in the different qualities of the various rifles, and perhaps especially in the later war the needle gun versus rifled muskets with slow reload times but longer effective ranges.

Peter

sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:44 pm

There was an article in one of the early Specials with FPW rules and force lists for SP1, which might be useful but I don’t remember seeing anything for SP2 since then. It shouldn’t be too difficult to come up with some tweaks to reflect the tactics and weaponry of the period - SP is much more about Leaders, Command & Control and good scenarios rather than the hardware.

Bert

Post by Bert » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:58 am

Thank's for the responses.
So I'm thinking of creating lists about this conflict.

sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:04 pm

The original article was in the 2010 Xmas special. There’s some useful ideas that are readily adaptable to SP2 and 3 small scenarios.

I’d be interested to see what you come up with. There’s a much greater variety of unit types available, especially by the time of the siege of Paris, with assorted sailors, civilians and national guard drafted in. And the Paris Commune might have some possibilities as well.

Trouble is, I’m now thinking of the various British Invasion scares of the 1870-1890’s (and that doesn’t involve Martians....errrr...yet).