Looking for some feedback on card hand outs.

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Closecraig

Looking for some feedback on card hand outs.

Post by Closecraig » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 am

Hi everyone,

I'm currently preparing a number of card hand outs to give to players both new and experienced. View via Dropbox NOTE: The images are placeholder whilst I gather and edit the various images required.

It's important to note that these are A6 in size so quite small.

The aim of them is such:
  • Provide insight into how their chosen unit performs & give tips on how to get the most out of it
  • Provide accurate & relevant information so as to quickly find the values they need when required (Firepower dice / Speed / Etc)
  • Provide specific information regarding rules that are obscure or difficult to find within the rulebook, such as vehicle rotation rules.
  • Provide a way for players to look up information on their chosen unit without highlighting to the opposite side what units they are querying
  • Provide enough information that players can simply look at the cards and understand, at least in an abstract sense, what their next phase will look like
  • Allow players who might be unfamiliar with the units to meaningfully choose support options
We believe we've achieved something that looks great, is readable and ticks each of the above boxes. The problem is accuracy and whether or not information is meaningful or something would be more useful in its' stead.

That's where this community comes in; I need help in going through each card and highlighting flaws or any changes that may be required. Where there are flaws / changes required please list why and where that information can be found.

Here is a test print (Using old and incorrect values):
Last edited by Closecraig on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

siggian

Re: Looking for some feedback on card hand outs.

Post by siggian » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:11 pm

Image link is broken

Closecraig

Post by Closecraig » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:35 pm

siggian wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:11 pm
Image link is broken
Cheers Siggian, image hosting is much harder then it used to be, that's for sure!

Guess it wasn't obvious enough but the actual hand outs are via the link in the post, not the image. I've now made it much clearer. ;)

siggian

Post by siggian » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Command initiative is missing creating an ad hoc team (such as a scout team).

JOHN BOND 001

Post by JOHN BOND 001 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:23 pm

I think the cards are helpful.
spotted:
Medic needs to move to base contact with leader page 80
cheers John

Closecraig

Post by Closecraig » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:13 am

Cheers for the feedback guys! Always forgetting about medics...

Rob Herrick

Post by Rob Herrick » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 pm

I love the idea. Should really help with games.

My only bit of advice is see if you can get them down to trading card size, roughly 2"x3". That will make storage and organization very easy, since they will fit in trading card sleeves.

redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:51 am

Pretty nifty. I would use something like this for those odd-ball teams or vehicles.

The only critique I have is I would replace the picture with an actual pic of the team/vehicle/gun system...the pictures of the Churchill tank on a medic card throws me off a bit. Your call...your cards.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Closecraig

Post by Closecraig » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:54 pm

redmist1122 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:51 am
Pretty nifty. I would use something like this for those odd-ball teams or vehicles.

The only critique I have is I would replace the picture with an actual pic of the team/vehicle/gun system...the pictures of the Churchill tank on a medic card throws me off a bit. Your call...your cards.
This is definitely on the agenda! I'm currently in the process of gathering and editing all the images required.
Rob Herrick wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 pm

My only bit of advice is see if you can get them down to trading card size, roughly 2"x3". That will make storage and organization very easy, since they will fit in trading card sleeves.
I've tried so hard to get the size smaller but things become quite unreadable at that level. In order to make a design that is ubiquitous to vehicles / infantry and infantry guns I've had to settle for A6. =/

Rob Herrick

Post by Rob Herrick » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:13 pm

Closecraig wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:54 pm
redmist1122 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:51 am

This is definitely on the agenda! I'm currently in the process of gathering and editing all the images required.
Rob Herrick wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 pm

I've tried so hard to get the size smaller but things become quite unreadable at that level. In order to make a design that is ubiquitous to vehicles / infantry and infantry guns I've had to settle for A6. =/
Could you put the image on the back, and the stats on the front?