There Are Many Rivers to Cross AAR Game 6

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Joe Neg

There Are Many Rivers to Cross AAR Game 6

Post by Joe Neg » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Cheers,

There Are Many Rivers to Cross PSC Game 6: Flank Attack at Ferme Ste Catherine AAR uploaded to the files section of the Facebook group. The PSC gives no indication of which scenario to use if the Allies win on Table 3, so i rolled 1D6: 1-2 = repeat of Swift to Support, 3-4 = Attack and Defend, and 5-6 = Flank Attack. I think you'll be able to see which roll won out. Further, since the French supports did not arrive in the last game, I rolled a 1D6 in each French phase to see if supports would arrive in the NEXT phase. Can the French hold one more time? Take a look, if interested. Feedback and any (gentle) constructive criticism welcome. Enjoy!

MLB

Re: There Are Many Rivers to Cross AAR Game 6

Post by MLB » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:12 am

There’s no link to follow?
The Tactical Painter https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top

Joe Neg

Post by Joe Neg » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:57 am

Sorry, Mark...still a newbie at all this.

Here you go... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1444501242432741/files/

By the way, your blog is an inspiration...Cheers!

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:17 am

Have now read a 6 AAR's good stuff.
Sounds like tbe Frencb got a bit overconfident on that last one?

On a technical note I like the format but I find the font a bit hard to read at times dunno why .maybe just me?

Also and this maybe a chore too many but I find having a summary somewhere that outlines the mission, core plt and support taken is handy for those readers that do not have the PSC.
Last edited by Truscott Trotter on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:07 am

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:17 am
On a technical note I lime the format but I finfd the font a bit hard to read at times dunno why .maybe just me?
Funnily enough, I'm in the same boat, but didn't say anything as I thought it was just me...... :roll:

And another vote for a separate listing of the scenario set-up forces etc.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Joe Neg

Post by Joe Neg » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks, Gents.

Comments duly noted and deeply appreciated. For the record, I am in agreement regarding the font...but it was the default setting for that template. Will putz around and see if I can find something more appropriate as we move to game 7. Also like the ideas of providing scenario objectives, forces and supports.

TT - with regard to the French getting overconfident - it was more like stupid - I deployed in the open and way too early. As noted elsewhere, CoC will punish bad tactical choices. Thanks again for the input!

Cheers

DougM

Post by DougM » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Always noting that some of us dumped Facebook, so an alternative location for the report would be a good thing.
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------

Joe Neg

Post by Joe Neg » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Doug,

Completely understood. The AARs are in a pdf format. Most of the files (because they are graphic heavy) are too big to attach to email or upload to the Yahoo Group. Absent a blog, which I am too much of a technophobe to bother with, Facebook seemed to be the best place to share the reports as it will accept the uploads. I have created a Dropbox folder where I store the AARs and can share with those interested. Truscott Trotter had same situation...

Send me a PM with your email address if interested and I'll share the Dropbox with you. All the best...

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:47 pm

Yes thanks for putting that on dropbox Joe its a pity we cannot have a files section on the forum.

With regards to the font it would be ok if just doing short lines of dialogue but when you do a whole paragraph, as you need to in AAR, it becomes slightly hard to read.

I am just glad people like you and Mark take the time and effort to put together such splendid reports.

I always start off with good intentions taking pictures and notes then forget to carry on half way through the game 🙄
Last edited by Truscott Trotter on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Maybe introduce a "photo-reconnaissance" phase just before each player rolls their command dice?
No plan survives first contact with the dice.