SP2 ECW Xmas 2017 article

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

poiter50

SP2 ECW Xmas 2017 article

Post by poiter50 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:11 am

I guess this is really directed to the authror of the article in the special above. We were talking after a game last night about the possibility of using SP2 for ECW, so this morning I dug out my ECW figs to see what I had and whether it would be possible. Another club member has sufficient forces to field a side with a Royalist slant, although generic enough to be used for early Parliamentary. The "other" side in the article allowed for the selection of a Parliamentary force. My dilemma is that my ECW forces are predominantly Scots. My query is - has anyone done up lists and selections for ECW Scots? I have lots of Pike and Shot as well as Cav. I presume I would need a large force of "Warband" who would be tribe or clan.

Anyone care to share their experience with SP2 ECW, Scots or anything in that conflict really?

Archdukek

Re: SP2 ECW Xmas 2017 article

Post by Archdukek » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:38 pm

I haven't tried the ECW variant for SP yet. However, unless you are wanting to fight Montrose's campaigns I would suggest you don't need any Warband figures. The bulk of the Scots Armies in the ECW fought under the banner of the Covenant as regular pike & shot units with the odd light cavalry lancer and frame gun thrown in for variety. Most of the Scots Commanders like Leslie learnt their trade fighting on the Continent in the 30 Years War so those are the tactics they were familiar with.

You might find it easier to contact the author of the article via the SP Facebook Group where he first floated this variant.

John

poiter50

Re: SP2 ECW Xmas 2017 article

Post by poiter50 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Thanks, I've directed the query there.
Archdukek wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:38 pm
I haven't tried the ECW variant for SP yet. However, unless you are wanting to fight Montrose's campaigns I would suggest you don't need any Warband figures. The bulk of the Scots Armies in the ECW fought under the banner of the Covenant as regular pike & shot units with the odd light cavalry lancer and frame gun thrown in for variety. Most of the Scots Commanders like Leslie learnt their trade fighting on the Continent in the 30 Years War so those are the tactics they were familiar with.

You might find it easier to contact the author of the article via the SP Facebook Group where he first floated this variant.

John