Brigade artillery

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Polish Lancer

Brigade artillery

Post by Polish Lancer » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:28 pm

just a quick question. So 2 batteries brigaded together may only receive 1 tasking. So if you issue arty assault on the brigade group you receive +2CD per battery within the brigade.

Another question do you chaps apply the bounce through firing at close range (cannister)? Cannister is usually an overly large shotgun, not a lot of bouncing.

Archdukek

Re: Brigade artillery

Post by Archdukek » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:43 pm

That's my understanding on tasking Batteries in a brigade, but you might to check the FAQ which I don't have to hand.

If I'm honest I tend to forget all about bounce through fire. If I did remember I probably would apply it to canister fire, since while not bouncing, heavy canister did have a decent range in the period and could well exceed that given in the rules by another 100m (10cm). The shotgun analogy is actually a somewhat misleading one in some respects in my view.

John

bellebsc

Re: Brigade artillery

Post by bellebsc » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:52 am

If your artillery had 3 gun batteries then only two would get the artillery assault and as long as at least two of the batteries must be within 5cm(3") of each other the other battery fires just with normal firing dice, so if your 3 gun batteries are spread out over the 5cm( 3") distance then only one gets the artillery assault.

In regards to the bounce through I agree with John that canister is deadly and such a great distance so yes it counts as a bounce through.

R