Overloaded Aircraft

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

boggler

Overloaded Aircraft

Post by boggler » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:38 pm

I'm working in a scenario that involves bomber aircraft (Blenheims) stripped of their armament, except for a single defensive dorsal turret, and packed full of supplies, spares, fuel etc for a besieged garrison, in this case Malta but there are many other examples e.g. Stalingrad, Demyansk Pocket etc

To reflect that fact that the aircraft are over loaded, more than just a normal bomb load, I've reduced SPD / MAN / ALT by one. I didn't do this for ROC as it is usaually 1 anyway and the reduced ALT factors that in.

Is this realistic? If not, how would you go about factoring this into a scenario.

Thanks

Jim :roll:

Archdukek

Re: Overloaded Aircraft

Post by Archdukek » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Hi Jim,
"Don't know" would be my honest answer. I would just observe that planes with damaged engines, which you might consider analogous in some ways, are restricted to basic speed, have their MAN rating reduced by 1 and can't climb, so your suggestions seem reasonable compared to that.

Why don't you try it out in a test game and see if it gives you the effect you want.

John

boggler

Re: Overloaded Aircraft

Post by boggler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am

That's what I'm planning to do in a few weeks time, once I've sorted out all the paperwork, turn cards etc.