Default size of IABSM table

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

dsenebrecht

Default size of IABSM table

Post by dsenebrecht » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:06 pm

So when reading various scenarios (Anzio, Where the Hell have you been) and some random Scenarios found in downloads section, etc.........sometimes the map/table size is not indicated. Is there a default size that can be assumed for your typical 15mm-20mm set up ? 4' x 6'???? Thanks, Dan

Archdukek

Re: Default size of IABSM table

Post by Archdukek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi Dan,
My understanding is that the scenario maps are intended to be indicative of the key terrain features so you can adjust them as necessary to fit whatever table you have, there is no default size. However, having said that I believe the scenario maps in the rules are for a 6'x5' table, since this is mentioned in the Designing the Table section on page 94.

John

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 am

re the scenarios that I have written, John has got it exactly right: the maps are indicative of what the table should look like without the need to make sure that the pond is exactly 15m from the church etc. Go 6x4 or 6x5 as a default.

As an example, I now lucky enough to mostly play on an 8x5 table, and have no problem adapting the maps.

R

TroubleAtTheMill

Post by TroubleAtTheMill » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:45 am

It’s worth noting that a good few scenarios in older books (e.g. Where The Helll...) aren’t on ‘standard’ (even Lard Island standard) tables - Bloody Omaha for example is on roughly 8’x6’.
Mike Whitaker
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: The Miller's Tale (see blog)
Club: http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/