Anti tank guns, 1st activation & subsequent activation

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

dsenebrecht

Anti tank guns, 1st activation & subsequent activation

Post by dsenebrecht » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi all: Could someone explain to me

1) how Anti-Tank guns work when their Card is first drawn?

2) when the AT card is drawn for its second or third time

3) how many AT guns should typically comprise a unit and how many Actions or does each gun get

4) Hypothetical: 3 tanks bearing down on ATs in woods. Are the 2nd and 3rd guns allowed to see how the first AT gun did before declaring which tanks they are firing at, our does each AT gun need to declare its primary target and not allowed to shift (oh, the first AT gun killed the tank so I guess I'll fire at the 2nd tank, etc., etc.....)

Thanks, Dan

Vis Bellica

Re: Anti tank guns, 1st activation & subsequent activation

Post by Vis Bellica » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi

To answer your questions in an order/a way that seems logical to me...

a) The number of guns in a unit depends on the unit. The theatre handbooks/scenario packs give details.

b) Unless otherwise specified, each gun gets the same number of Actions as a full strength infantry squad from your force.

c) One card is placed in the pack for each anti-tank gun deployed. Often you get an AT Gun Bonus Fire card as well.

d) When the first AT Gun card is drawn in a turn, the player may activate any of his deployed AT guns that have not acted before this turn i.e. the card does not relate to a specific AT gun, but to one of your on-table, not-acted-yet AT guns

e) When another AT Gun card is drawn in a turn, the player may activate any of his other deployed AT guns that have not acted before this turn i.e. not the gun that has already acted, nor any other AT gun that has already acted, but any others.

f) The AT Gun Bonus Fire card gives one AT gun a single bonus shot (counts as aimed) whether it has acted or not that turn. If it has not acted that turn yet, then it doesn't count as its activation.

g) You can hopefully see that the above answers your final question.

Hope that helps

Cheers

R

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Oh, and the above usually applies to AT vehicles, and can sometimes apply to artillery acting in an AT role. Depends on the scenario.

dsenebrecht

Post by dsenebrecht » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:09 pm

Thanks for your answer, Vis Bellica. Very straightforward.

So, does the "Aiming bonus" if you did not move the previous turn also apply to AT guns.......(or only to tanks)....

For a typical AT gun...3 actions in one turn......probably already hidden in place (thus did not move the previous turn)
-1st action, 1st shot = aimed
-2nd action, 2nd shot=snap
-3rd action, 3rd shot-=nap
or
-2nd action, AIM
-3rd action, 2nd shot - aimed

For your second comment about AT vehicles, does this mean that for example, a Zug of 5 SS-Jagdpanthers or a Platoon of 5 M-18 Hellcats.........should, depending upon scenario........be represented by 5 individual AT-Vehicle cards?

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:21 pm

dsenebrecht wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:09 pm

For your second comment about AT vehicles, does this mean that for example, a Zug of 5 SS-Jagdpanthers or a Platoon of 5 M-18 Hellcats.........should, depending upon scenario........be represented by 5 individual AT-Vehicle cards?
Yes.

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:21 pm

dsenebrecht wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:09 pm
Thanks for your answer, Vis Bellica. Very straightforward.

So, does the "Aiming bonus" if you did not move the previous turn also apply to AT guns.......(or only to tanks)....

For a typical AT gun...3 actions in one turn......probably already hidden in place (thus did not move the previous turn)
-2nd action, 2nd shot=snap
-3rd action, 3rd shot-=nap
or
-2nd action, AIM
-3rd action, 2nd shot - aimed
That's how I play it.