Move, shoot, move

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Goggy

Move, shoot, move

Post by Goggy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:23 pm

I know skimishers get an extra move dice, so can then do three things, one of which must be a move. But when activated, can a skirmish unit, move, shoot, then move again? It happened in a game last night, and I have never seen that done before. For some reason I always thought (probably wrongly) that a unit can only move once per activation.

Archdukek

Re: Move, shoot, move

Post by Archdukek » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:31 pm

No that's a legitimate tactic, they would be unloaded of course. The extra move action can be used that way to allow Skirmish Troops to close the range then fire and retire back into cover for example.

A unit may only be activated once per turn normally, but it can use its available actions in any order it wishes.
John

Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Bear in mind though that a Group of Skirmish Troops electing to move up, fire and move back will end up facing away from the enemy, which isn't necessarily desirable . . . I find it's usually better to fire and then use one movement to fall back and the free move to face towards the enemy again.
Faith! If they tried to outrun a Hielandmon, they stood but a bad chance, for Whash! went the broadsword.
- James Thompson, 78th Foot.

The Saindoux Campaign, 1757, my French and Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, 1811, my Peninsular War blog.

Goggy

Post by Goggy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:33 am

Thanks for the replies chaps. Clear now. 👍