Sources of Scenarios?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Iorwerth

Sources of Scenarios?

Post by Iorwerth » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:05 pm

I was wondering if there was a good source for scenarios that can be used with Pickett's Charge e.g that give the OOBs and, hopefully, amount of stands and so on?

Is 'On To Richmond' for Guns of Gettysburg the go-to source book, even if not for these rules?

Anyone designed any and posted them up somewhere?

I spotted a couple of here, but wondered if there was a source of them somewhere.

Any help gratefully received!

john de terre neuve

Re: Sources of Scenarios?

Post by john de terre neuve » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:59 am

Yes, I would be very interested in a scenario book for Pickett's Charge.

John

Iorwerth

Post by Iorwerth » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Ah, the tumbleweed is blowing.

If no one knows of any source books for Pickett's charge, what about 'On to Richmond'? How easily convertible is that for Pickett's charge? Any other source books from other rule sets that can fairly easily be converted?

Joe Neg

Post by Joe Neg » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 am

Gents,

Check out the works or Brad Butkovich:

https://www.amazon.com/Books-Brad-Butko ... 0Butkovich

He has regimental scenario books for Shiloh, Antietam, Gettysburg, Chickamauga, the Atlanta Campaign and Pickett's Mill that scale on a number of figure ratios. Great historical background, easy to follow maps and rules agnostic. I have several of them and they are aces.

Cheers,

Joe

Iorwerth

Post by Iorwerth » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:13 am

Perfect. Thank you. I will get on and order one to check it out. :)

siggian

Post by siggian » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:44 pm

There once was a book of scenarios for Johnny Reb. I suspect that some of the larger ones might work for PC. I have it buried somewhere in my boxes of game stuff.

Cold Steel

Post by Cold Steel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:32 pm

Brad Butkovich's scenarios are great. Scott Mingus published dozens of scenarios in 3 books, Antietam and 2 on Gettysburg (now out of print but available 2d hand), plus each issue of his old Charge! magazine. I ran Scott's Fair Oaks scenario yesterday at Fall In with a different set of rules. Check the jriii Yahoo Group (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/jri ... s/messages) for some free scenarios. Potomac Publications wrote several booklets with a dozen scenarios each. Everything above except Scott's 3 books is available on Wargamer Vault (https://www.wargamevault.com/index.php).