Using The September War for COC

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Danni1

Using The September War for COC

Post by Danni1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Hey all, I was glancing over IABSM's "The September War" for the 1939 Poland Campaign, and I was wondering how I could break this down for Chain of Command? Any suggestions? Also, I was wondering how DOES one play the Polish side in a wargame without experiencing an overwhelming sense of futility. I mean, if there was ever the perfect example of "Winning the battle but losing the war", this would be it. Its a tad discouraging to know that no matter how brilliantly one wins a campaign, the Poles are still a speedbump on history's highway once the Panzers roll over them. Was there a way for the Poles to actually survive as a nation past 1939? Maybe by being mobilized earlier, or if the USSR had stayed out of the fight? Any ideas on this?

Vis Bellica

Re: Using The September War for COC

Post by Vis Bellica » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:29 pm

You think that's bad? At least you can win the individual battles even if you know you're going to lose the war. Try playing the Italians in the first few Operation Compass scenarios. They are designed to break the will of the Italian player, realistically softening up his morale for the rest of the campaign!

Danni1

Re: Using The September War for COC

Post by Danni1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm

LOL!