New Player; Interrupt Question

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Soleplayerone

New Player; Interrupt Question

Post by Soleplayerone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi, I was watching a game being played when the following question came up:

Question about using an CoC Dice for an Interrupt then firing a tank.

Can the tank fire all of it's weapons to fire when performing an interrupt - or - just fire one weapon system such as the main gun or a machine gun ?
I see lead people. :o

Munin

Re: New Player; Interrupt Question

Post by Munin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 pm

I'm not sure it's specified explicitly in the rules, and I've seen it done both ways. Our house rule is that you can only activate a single position in the tank (like an "uncommanded vehicle") because using an Interrupt specifically does not let you activate a leader, and vehicles normally activate through their JL tank commander.

Soleplayerone

Post by Soleplayerone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 pm

The Soviet tank remained stationary and was attempting to fire upon a German unit that was about to move and fire an anti-tank weapon.

Soleplayerone

Post by Soleplayerone » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Could I get a "Official" Lardie explanation for this?

The scenario in question has a stationary Soviet tank which has not moved Interrupting and then firing at a German unit which is about to move in the open with no cover and then fire a Panzerschreck at the Soviet tank.

Can this Soviet Tank perform this interrupt and fire BOTH it's main gun and it's machine gun at the German unit ?

Not to sound dismissive but I am not interested in hearing about house rules and theories.

Please quote actual text within the rules and section where the applicable text may be found.

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Before asking for an 'official' reply... can I suggest reading the rules for yourself?

Page 22 is quite clear.

'interrupt an opponents phase with one unpinned section or team...'

A tank is neither a section nor a team, therefore, you cannot interrupt with a tank.

remgain

Post by remgain » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Rich H,

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. :)
I believe that the intent of this rule is to deal with any unit.
Curious to hear other opinions.

Marco
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

George Bernard Shaw

Peter

Post by Peter » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 pm

But the OP doesn't want opinions.
I would only allow one weapon to fire (and in this case I'd say an MG, given the target is infantry). The rules aren't clear so I make a judgement call. But that's what it is , and it's not an abnormal procedure in Lardie Land.

Peter

andysyk

Post by andysyk » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:43 pm

What if youre Platoon is a tank Platoon?, i.e Big COC, does that mean you cant use interrupt? All other support elements are a team? So why cant you interrupt with a "tank"?

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:07 pm

You can interrupt with a tank.
Rich H's quote is from the summary list of what you can do with a Chain of Command Dice. It's not the full story.

The actual rules on Interrupting a Phase are spelt out in section 5.1.2 further down on page 22 which says:
"When interrupting an opponent's Phase, the player may immediately move or fire with one Section, Squad, Team or vehicle which is already deployed on the table and not Pinned."

A tank is a vehicle so it can Interrupt. Since there are no limitations on which weapons can be fired by a Section, Squad, Team or vehicle in any part of that paragraph, then I would say that the tank can fire whatever weapons it can bring to bear.

However, I can understand why Munin and Peter might prefer to limit it to one weapon.

And that is my opinion as an experienced CoC player Soleplayerone for what it's worth. Feel free to take it or leave it. You may have to wait a long time for an "Official" Lardie explanation since Big Rich is a busy man producing more goodies for us to enjoy.

John

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Apologies. you are correct.