Lard Magazine 2021 Scenario

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe, DCRBrown

bvera

Lard Magazine 2021 Scenario

Post by bvera »

We have tried playing the Lard Magazine 2021 scenario “Highway to Hell2. Pretty long and difficult to be played in one morning, but could do 8 turns and had a lot of fun. The Red Army (me) under a lot of pressure and with the flanks about to crumble in a a couple of turns.

I have a couple of questions:
1/ According to the scenario special rules, the Red Army AT guns or the light tanks could be deployed in gun pits. Do I have to put in the table the gun pits from the very beginning of the game or can these be placed hidden? I’m asking because I did put on the table and were rendered totally ineffective as the German player placed round after round of smoke in front of their location.

2/ If I mark a unit in an ambush position, can I later in the game (using the reserve command order) redeploy that unit to another sector in the battlefield?

Thanks
B
Benito
...and visit my blog! http://mylardiesgames.blogspot.com.es/
DCRBrown

Re: Lard Magazine 2021 Scenario

Post by DCRBrown »

B,

1) If the gun pits are concealing an ambush unit then they are hidden.

2) No, ambush units are actually deployed on table in the ambush location.

DB
Forst

Re: Lard Magazine 2021 Scenario

Post by Forst »

're point 2) I think any troops allocated to ambush are already committed (on the table but hidden) so are not available as reinforcements.

To confuse the enemy I have used odd small clumps of terrain to provide potential ambush sites any one of which could be a gun pit/bunker or just nothing!