Rendevous with Destiny Question

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

john de terre neuve

Rendevous with Destiny Question

Post by john de terre neuve »

Myself and a friend had game the other night but appeared to have 2 different versions of the campaign, are the troops elite or regular.

Thanks,

John
Last edited by john de terre neuve on Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capt Fortier

Re: Rendevous with Destiny Question

Post by Capt Fortier »

The version I have has both sides with Elite troops (each with 5+1 command dice)
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

7dot62mm

Post by 7dot62mm »

The commercial version is the latest and I believe you should follow that.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I have played it with elites, it worked fine for us a very close run thing

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve »

Thanks, when I looked at the info on the pdf it was clear that the regulars version was the newer one. It would have been fun with that extra dice!

Will3T

Post by Will3T »

In my initial draft both forces were rated as Elite up to six Command Dice. The trouble was balancing the Support Points as the FJ have an incredibly high Force Rating. The Americans would have 10+ Support Points for every game, while the Germans at most would have 5 and only for one scenario.

To help mellow things out I tinkered with the platoons and dropped them to be both regular which helps with the Support Point conundrum. I would not recommend making them Elite as it will sway the advantage to the Germans significantly, however you could give both sides the extra dice to make it more interesting. I would recommend making this the 5 + 1 red dice method as noted in the latest Errata and FAQ.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Ahhh right was thinking of the other one All American.

The problem with the Force ratings is using the 2 section US platoon. You would need to add in a support option of a 3rd Section at say +6 then it might work as elites - otherwise you are correct the FJ's with 3 elite section with 2 LMG each is powerful;

In this case with 101st Vs 2nd FJ rating them both as Regular is probably closer to reality.

5+1 dice and Aggressive for the US and maybe stubborn for the FJ's?

Will3T

Post by Will3T »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:31 am
5+1 dice and Aggressive for the US and maybe stubborn for the FJ's?
Definitely could do that and not outbalance things. As you say while the American platoon has a mortar and bazooka team (which is not of much use in this campaign due to few/no vehicles) the lack of a third section really shifts the Force Rating to the Germans.

For All American I also have both forces rated as Regular, but from the start the Americans had the 5 + 1 and are Aggressive. Same issue happened in that campaign but change sides, the Germans had a bunch of support while the defenders had little.